What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New friend in the greenhouse

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
I have suspected his presence for a while, but now I have proof.

Meet the newest addition to the GH, a Sierran Treefrog.

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

He's ribbiting in the greenhouse right now, which is right outside the computer room window.

Too cute. :D

So lucky! How big is the greenhouse, and did you think it was completely sealed off before he entered? Do you have any ponds really close to you that he may have came from?

I'm trying to get frogs into my greenhouse. I'm actually going to add tadpoles to my water containers and hopefully I can get them to stick around and breed. Great source of nutrition for neps. :jester:

We have a number of creeks, ponds, drainage ditches, and untended swimming pools all around us, plus the local marshes. He could have come from any of them. :D

For the greenhouse being totally sealed up, not a chance. It has a slim gap all around the bottom to keep water in or out in case of flooding either direction, as well as to aid in ventilation. The gap is bordered by a row of bricks holding up the Sarracenia trays, but it's still there. The greenhouse is five feet by ten, and six tall. Pretty small, really.

Keeeyute!

So lucky! How big is the greenhouse, and did you think it was completely sealed off before he entered? Do you have any ponds really close to you that he may have came from?

I'm trying to get frogs into my greenhouse. I'm actually going to add tadpoles to my water containers and hopefully I can get them to stick around and breed. Great source of nutrition for neps. :jester:

:lol: If you live near me, Portland, Oregon, I could supply you with all the treefrogs or tadpoles you want. I have to haul a bunch every year out of my backyard to the local wetlands because they are so noisey the neighbors complain.

I have plenty just a couple blocks down. ;) Thanks for the offer!

Adorable!

Cute lil devil. :)

I wish we had frogs near here in Anaheim. I guess the climate here is too dry for their liking. ._.

Back