What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Z's random pics

When it first opens, I do feel it resembles the lowland form, however, if you give it a week, you'll start to see it take a turn to resemble its true form which is Paisan. The peristome starts to curl back and coloration darkens more getting the red hue which eventually turns copper over time. Seems to depend on lighting and temps however as to the coloration it achieves. I'll see about taking another pic at some point to show the difference.

Great pics and plants :)

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

That N. truncata is absolutlely gorgeous! Looks like the lowland form? Is that right?

Sorry about the crappy lighting in the photos..

update on the truncata coloring up:
IMG_2047.jpg
DSC01103.jpg

a little ode to nectar spoons:
DSC01139.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

Last edited:
d. rotundifolia seedling coming up odd.. or at least I think its a rotund ??? These guys pop up like weed everywhere I have live sphag growing pretty much.

IMG_2062.jpg

after a year or so with my moss cultures...I am just now seeing a few of these guys pop up as well. Pretty cool methinks!

Nice heli shots and I can hardly get enough of truncata. Your plant seems especially nice. Thanks for sharing, ZL!

Yep, looks like an etiolated little D. rotundifolia! Either put it outside or watch it slowly die. :)

Nice plants though! Love the nectar spoons.

Yep, looks like an etiolated little D. rotundifolia! Either put it outside or watch it slowly die. :)

Nice plants though! Love the nectar spoons.

I have a pot of them growing already and am never in short supply of them popping up like weed everywhere else so not overly concerned if it does die :lol:. Just thought the branching it was doing was quite interestin but also likely a result of limited lighting. I replanted it from where I had initially found it for the picture so it should have enough light now.

Great plants, Z!

Nice plants!

Few update shots of the ceph and nectar spoon development.

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

Bunch of point and shoots cause I'm getting lazy. Taken probably a week or two back.

N. Glabrata - One of many pitchers that all opened at the same time. Not a flashy species, but I appreciate it.
IMG_2130.jpg

N. Lowii x Mul - Tiny little guy. Came to me dying and heavily infested a year ago, however, after a long recovery, is starting to pick up the pace. Pitchers get much darker shade of purple as it ages. An original favorite of mine from years past.
IMG_1897.jpg

N. Veitchii - A much older pitcher and a newer one for comparison. Amazes me how long pitchers last on some of the species.
IMG_2163.jpg
IMG_2244.jpg

Another look at the development of the veitchii peristome

IMG_2259.jpg
DSC01337.jpg

Last edited:
Nice surprise this afternoon with the pitcher finally opening up. Feels like its been inflating for ages.

DSC01351.jpg

Things are looking nice in the grow setup! :rookwoot:

Was pretty much finished with this thread, but couldn't resist.

Truncata paisan
DSC01366.jpg

Wow, that's a seriously nice Pasian, Z! I'm hoping mine gives me some of that flare.

Beautiful!

Nice plants z!!! That veitchi sure is a stunner!!

You have to love those stripes!!

Thanks for sharing

Back