What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Z's random pics

Think its colored up as much as its going to. Focus turned towards the newest inflating pitcher and wondering how large it'll grow :)

IMG_2030.jpg

edit: took the pic after its nightly spray down before lights go off in case anyone is wondering why its so wet looking.

Last edited:
That thing looks like it is going to eat the dixie cup that it is planted in! :lol: . Looking Good ZL!

That thing looks like it is going to eat the dixie cup that it is planted in! :lol: . Looking Good ZL!

:lol: figured they were nice cheap tall 'pots' that would help keep the plants slightly on the root bound side. Still not tall enough apparently. Had to prop up the cup a bit as the tendril was starting to throw fits twisting everywhere. A few more size jumps like the last one and I'll be able to pot up my next nep inside a pitcher itself :lol:

edit: funny enough, I put a few neps into cups as a temporary home for them, but after seeing how well they took to them, I repotted all my neps into them (in many cases that meant shrinking pot sizes a tad). Few exceptions for plants that are a bit too big for it like the truncata, but if I could, I'd shove it into a cup too :-))

Gorgeous pitcher!! And no knockin dixie cups here. If the plants like em then that's what they should get :-D

Hoping for a bit more size on this little guy soon.

DSC01035.jpg

Don't take photos of my dews much anymore so figured it was about time to snap one. Came out a bit messy, but I can live with it.

DSC01023.jpg

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken that new forming pitcher on your Ceph looks like it will be a mature one. Would that be the first?

Nice little D. regias. From root cuttings?

Unless I'm mistaken that new forming pitcher on your Ceph looks like it will be a mature one. Would that be the first?

Nice little D. regias. From root cuttings?

Yes, it would be the first. Grew it out from these tiny little guys shown below so I am fairly excited to finely see some matures coming from them :) Might have reached this point sooner, but I repotted them a few times (once because I didn't like the media it came in, again a few more times through the year cause I didn't like the media I replanted them in :lol: ).

The regia is from leaf cuttings. Considering how long ago they were started, should be much larger, but they were neglected for quite a while as I dealt with a house move and work. Has just recently put on the majority of its size since I repotted them and started to feed them regularly.

IMG_0110.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick point and shoot from last night. Definitely one of my favorite species of all time :)

IMG_2047.jpg

Very pretty truncata!

thanks.

wireman, any idea what these sphags might be ???

IMG_2051-001.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

That truncata is a pretty lil thing! Gonna be a monster soon!

The Sphagnum looks like S. palustre, obtusum, or amblyphyllum. Where did it come from?

The Sphagnum looks like S. palustre, obtusum, or amblyphyllum. Where did it come from?

I have no clue actually.. I believe a small bit of this came with some plants I got a while back. I took bits of it and put it in a few pots... closed my eyes and counted to ten and its conquered the pot. Grows thicker and fuller than a majority of the sphag I have definitely.

Location would help, since I just found an awesome site that lets me enter map coordinates and pulls up a species list. I do know palustre grows really fast.

Hmm, maybe Ron (RL7386) may know. Think some of the moss came with some of his utrics.

Last edited:
If it's Hawaiian it's 90% likely to be S. palustre.

When I snapped the Truncata pic, the pitcher was a little over 9.5". I had been disappointed Hopi it would at least break 10". I looked it again and noticed it seemed taller than I last recalled. A new measure showed it was now 10.5". Amazing how long after openin up these things continue to grow in size.

Great pics and plants :)

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

That N. truncata is absolutlely gorgeous! Looks like the lowland form? Is that right?

:0o: That is a fantabulous truncata.....:awesome:

Back