What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you all for your comments. I took a few more pics today.

Some ping surprise babies I found coming up in the bog
IMG_0842.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0841.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0840.jpg
[/IMG]

More spider pics
IMG_0993.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0992.jpg
[/IMG]

Flava flower
IMG_1001.jpg
[/IMG]

The ceph really taking off
IMG_0799.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0795.jpg
[/IMG]

Another ping
IMG_0836.jpg
[/IMG]

Droso seed pod forming?
IMG_0955.jpg
[/IMG]

It's all so beauuuutiful!! That frog cracks me up the way he's tryin to disappear butt first into the plant. "You don't see me!" :-))

Yes, looks like you have a seed pod on the Drosophyllum. Good luck with the seeds!

It's all so beauuuutiful!! That frog cracks me up the way he's tryin to disappear butt first into the plant. "You don't see me!" :-))

Yeah, does look like he is saying "I am invisible" and he was wiggling back and forth trying to back under the plant when I was taking the pic. That thing was huge, nearly the size of my palm.

Yes, looks like you have a seed pod on the Drosophyllum. Good luck with the seeds!

Thank you, my first for these. I have 9 seed pods forming then so far and hoping for the best.

so hopefully you will get around 90 seeds wow, i'm waiting for mine to germinate but its only 1 week so i probably have a while to wait

so hopefully you will get around 90 seeds wow, i'm waiting for mine to germinate but its only 1 week so i probably have a while to wait

For me, some germinated in 14 days and some took 1-1/2 months. One factor may be how you scarify the seed...too much and they die, not enough and it can take months, but don't give up on them because I have heard some people say it can take 6 months.

Okay, took a video of the bog today to give ya all an idea what it looks like now. Not much now, but later in the season I am hoping it will look fuller when the plants are full swing. Click on the image.

My%20bog%20garden
[/URL][/IMG]

That looks amazing!!! I could spend hours just walking around looking at it :) lol

Just so ya know I am not totally CP obsessed, here are some pics of some non-carnivores around the yard

Some bearded iris
IMG_1095.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1086.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1083.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1079.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1080x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Bog orchid, don't know what kind
IMG_1061.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1038.jpg
[/IMG]

Can anyone tell me what this may be. It came as a hitchiker in some water plant I got years ago and seems to grow like a weed around the pond wherever its roots can be submerged
IMG_1068.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1076.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Gorgeous! Love those flowers!

I had no idea your bog was so big. Very nice. Those Bletilla don't mind the dampness of the bog ?

just popped in and watched that video....things are looking great in your bog :D wish i had one that big!!!! spose something is better than nothing tho :)

That looks amazing!!! I could spend hours just walking around looking at it :) lol

Thank you! Believe me, I do spend an awful lot of time staring at it...my santcuary.

I had no idea your bog was so big. Very nice. Those Bletilla don't mind the dampness of the bog ?

Yeah, a bit too big, haha. Hubby says he did it so he would hopefully not have to dig any more bogs.

What are Bletilla? There are a couple non-carnivores in the bog I have no idea what they are. The bog orchids I got cheap at the end of the season last year because they had no tag and looked bad. Started out as 3 in one small pot, I separated and put them in the bog when I got them, and this spring they have divided and flowered.

Gorgeous! Love those flowers!

Thank you. I love bearded iris. These are reblooming and bloom twice a season.

Wow, DJ, you weren't kidding, that thing is huge! The best thing about it is there's still plenty of room for new arrivals.

p.s., I know you can grow tropicals in that behemoth, but don't go sticking that chaniana x veitchii in there!

just popped in and watched that video....things are looking great in your bog :D wish i had one that big!!!! spose something is better than nothing tho :)

Thank you. Any size bog is great, but I am learning smaller is easier to maintain and control conditions as I also have a much smaller bog.

Beautiful bog garden! Love that bog orchid.

I don't know what your hitchiker is but at least it's pretty! That bog garden is just incredible!! Where on earth do you get enough water to keep it???

Back