What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know what your hitchiker is but at least it's pretty! That bog garden is just incredible!! Where on earth do you get enough water to keep it???

Mach identified the hitchiker as Mimulus. I am fortunate my town has good water, ppm stays below 60 most of the year, so I use the hose.

Wow, DJ, you weren't kidding, that thing is huge! The best thing about it is there's still plenty of room for new arrivals.

p.s., I know you can grow tropicals in that behemoth, but don't go sticking that chaniana x veitchii in there!

I told you DH got a little carried away digging it.

Haha, the neps do just fine in the window and I like them right where they are. I will get some pics of them and post. Hard to get a good pic in the window, so I will wait for a decent weather day and take them outside for a photo session.

Some update pics of the indoor stuff, then some sarr flowers and a few random pics

The ceph I almost murdered seems to be recovering from my stupidity and now showing new growth
IMG_1166.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1167x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1170x1.jpg
[/IMG]

My newest baby, thank you so very much Jerry for making my birthday special
IMG_1165.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1163.jpg
[/IMG]

Another new addition, thank you Mato. Really liking this little guy N. chaniana x veitchii
IMG_1177.jpg
[/IMG]

Another one of Mato's gifts, N. Deroose (alata x ventricosa) This guy was pretty touch and go for a while, but look what it is doing now.
IMG_1179.jpg
[/IMG]

N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae)
IMG_1195.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1190.jpg
[/IMG]

Ventricosa seedling, the only survivor. Thanx Mach
IMG_1187x1.jpg
[/IMG]

D. scorpioides with flower, again thanx to Mato
IMG_1157x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1145x3.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1142x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Now for some sarr flowers

S. Appalachian Spring flower. I am really liking the color of this flower, can't stop staring at it
IMG_1213.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1212.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1211.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1276x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. Judith Hindle
IMG_1244.jpg
[/IMG]

S. oreophila
IMG_1241.jpg
[/IMG]

S. jonesii
IMG_1243.jpg
[/IMG]

S. Tarnok flower bud, can't wait for this one to open
IMG_1247.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1246x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Some random pics

S. purpurea babies
IMG_1284.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1269.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1251.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1250x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. Catesbaei
IMG_1203x1.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't know what this sundew(s) is, perhaps a clump of seedlings from filiformis or cape?
IMG_1227x1.jpg
[/IMG]

You grow such great stuff, DJ! And about that ceph recovering - told ya so! :)

very nice update :D seedlings are fun to watch eh?

You grow such great stuff, DJ! And about that ceph recovering - told ya so! :)

Thank you Mark. Yeah, I tend to freak out easily...but my favorite CP, haha.

Wow, that Appalachian Spring flower IS pretty! I like the pic looking up from under the flower. And amazing looking bog you've got there too!!

I caught the dews on a sunny day.

What the bugs see?
IMG_1305x2.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1306x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1315x1.jpg
[/IMG]

This one is for Travis
IMG_1313.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow - that is the supercluster of capensis plants. I didn't know they would grow that densely. The filiformis plants look great. One of my all-time favorite species and you've done them so right, DJ.

Wow - that is the supercluster of capensis plants. I didn't know they would grow that densely. The filiformis plants look great. One of my all-time favorite species and you've done them so right, DJ.

Thank you for the kind words. The capes do clump up if you neglect them and let the seeds fall where they may. That is a several-year-old clump I just cannot bring myself to divide up. With the filiformis jungle, insects have to run the gauntlet from the ponds to the house...very few make it :lol:

Some random pics I took today.

S. Catesbaei
IMG_1466x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. Judith Hindle new pitchers
IMG_1457x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1451x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. alata x minor
IMG_1474x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. Tarnok
IMG_1412x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. minor 'okee giant' new pitcher
IMG_1479.jpg
[/IMG]

Another catesbaei
IMG_1367x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Staghorn sundew coming back from winter die-back
IMG_1391x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. Jonesii flowers
IMG_1458x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Judith Hindle flower
IMG_1440x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Almost murdered this guy cutting back some weeds with a weed wacker. I have lots of garder snakes, but never saw one this color before. It was like 18" or so long.
IMG_1383.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Great Pics!! I love the catesbaei's, and the snake too :D

Oh WOW to everything :drool: Your colours are so vivid :hail:

Beautiful plants, I see your jonesii is doing a lot better than mine (it shrunk to seedling size for unknown reasons). Do you know what species of garter snake it is?

Beautiful plants, I see your jonesii is doing a lot better than mine (it shrunk to seedling size for unknown reasons). Do you know what species of garter snake it is?

My jonesii almost doubled in size from when I got it last year. I don't know what kind of garder snake that orange stripe one is, only see this type that varies in color from black with no stripe to shades of brown/black with yellow stripe. They are all over the yard right now, just becoming active after winter I guess.

IMG_1375x1.jpg
[/IMG]

beautiful round of pictures!! lovin the filiformis crowd glistening in the sun.

n the snake looks friendly :p we dont get many in our yard but i love snakes

Thank you.

Have to sneak up on the snakes to get close-ups, haha, but easier to get closer at this time of year because I think they have other things on their mind being spring and all. Sometimes I can be sitting out there and they will crawl over my feet following each other around. I think all the baby tree frogs from the ponds attract them to my yard.

Back