What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Photo Finder improved

• Thread starter BobZ
  • Start date
Recently we decided to make a new small addition to http://cpphotofinder.com/: an image now appears after hovering on a species/hybrid name in genus listing.

For an example,
http://cpphotofinder.com/Utricularia.html

This should make a preliminary identification somewhat easier.

We will eventually replace the default photo with the best type photo we can find, but this will take a bit of time (there are a lot of entries to review). If you want, you can help by letting us know if you find a great representative photo link to replace the one we are currently using.

Enjoy. We are looking forward for your comments!

Does the image change with each visit? Or did you pick one designated image for each species?

Great idea Bob. I gotta say, I love your site and use it for reference several times daily. It's really an amazing source.

The image will be static. The objective is to eventually select a single photo that best describes what the plant looks like -- then the user can click on the species link to see additional photo links within the species html listing. Thumbnails will show only for jpg links.

Is there a way to submit photos? I looked all over Google Images and even on CP photo finder for N. boschiana x mira before I went to the nep store to check out what an adult one would look like, but I found nothing! The ones at the nep store, which I were expecting to be tiny with baby pitchers, were actually quite large with fully colored lower pitchers. Now that I have pictures of them, I was wanting to submit them to CP photo finder so others could figure out what these will look like more easily. :)

Oh I really like that!

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Great idea Bob. I gotta say, I love your site and use it for reference several times daily. It's really an amazing source.

What he said. :hail: :bigthumpup: I practically live on CPphotofinder. lol.

I have been using your site a lot lately too. Am really enjoying it.

It already makes me smile every time I find one of my pics on your site. Guess this gives me something new to shoot for.. THE COVER PHOTO for a species!! What an honor that'd be. :hail:

Love the new feature, Bob!

Cultivars should probably link to the published standard photo where possible. Even though a few of them aren't of the greatest quality.

Very nice improvement!

Love it Bob, thanks.

I just noticed this new feature today and I gotta say that I absolutely love it!

Thanks so much for all your work in maintaining and updating this completely unparalleled resource. :hail:

Also, if you feel like hovering your mouse over N. spectabilis x talangensis. . . :D :banana2:

Great new feature. Thanks, Bob!

Outstanding work, thank you Bob. I use the photo finder several times a day, most days :)

Is there a way to submit photos? I looked all over Google Images and even on CP photo finder for N. boschiana x mira before I went to the nep store to check out what an adult one would look like, but I found nothing! The ones at the nep store, which I were expecting to be tiny with baby pitchers, were actually quite large with fully colored lower pitchers. Now that I have pictures of them, I was wanting to submit them to CP photo finder so others could figure out what these will look like more easily. :)
Simply email the links to me and I will add them. The Photo Finder relies upon links to existing sites. Anyone can put their photos in any number of websites such as photobucket, flickr, imageshack, etc

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Thanks for all of the compliments, but really Jan Myszkier deserves all the credit. He is the programmer and the brain that comes up with the ideas and makes them happen. I simply add links and maintain the site. Jan is now working on translating pages into numerous languages.

Well thank you too Jan! lol

Simply email the links to me and I will add them. The Photo Finder relies upon links to existing sites. Anyone can put their photos in any number of websites such as photobucket, flickr, imageshack, etc

Sent you the links to the pics in a PM. :)

wow. even more awesome to a very awesome site! thanks Bob and Jan!

Nice job Bob and Jan. Looking good. :)

Back