What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you buy your soil?

• Thread starter Rob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    soil
After buying soil from various sources, I can't seem to find a place online that I love. Im pondering where I should buy from this place, it has turface mvp! Where do you guys buy your soil from? Need to find a place with the highest quality.

http://repotbonsai.com/bonsai-potting-media/Pro-Mix-HP.html

Why don't you just make your own? Order a bail of NZ sphag, mix with some perlite, ect... Ready to go for neps. I'm sure there are lots of recipes online for good medium mixes for CPs, bonsais, orchids or whatever you want.

Every heard of repotme.com? They have some soil mixes that may appeal to you.

Why don't you just make your own? Order a bail of NZ sphag, mix with some perlite, ect... Ready to go for neps. I'm sure there are lots of recipes online for good medium mixes for CPs, bonsais, orchids or whatever you want.

Every heard of repotme.com? They have some soil mixes that may appeal to you.

I think that's what he intended to do, but I may be mistaken.

Few places for different media..

HD/Lowes:
Large compressed peat moss (2 or 3 cubic ft I think) should last a while unless you are building a bog or something.
Orchid bark (small bags)
Sand (also available at pool supply stores in 50lb bags)
sphagnum moss (lee mossier or the bettergro kind generally readily available)

Garden centers/hyrdoponics stores:
charcoal
vermiculite (also at lowes/HD on occasion though need to watch out for fertilized supplemented brands)
perlite (also at lowes/HD on occasion though need to watch out for fertilized supplemented brands)
hydroton (don't use personally, but others have mentioned them)
rocks brand... ehh.. rocks (don't use personally, but others have mentioned them)

Turface/APS:
John Deere Landscape

I buy all my basics ...fine sand, peat, perlite, vermiculite, pine chunks...etc. at Home Depot, Lowes or, local garden centers and hydroponic stores. I buy all my sphagnum, coconut husk chunks, osmunda and charcoal from www.calwesttropical.com .

Ahh thanks guys!

Back