What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thagirion's Art

Hehe, well I really don't use it that much. I'd say my newest stuff is 90% mouse work still. If my budgies flew off with my tablet I wouldn't be lost, just slightly annoyed.

very impressed ,you got talent

Thank you Corky. Glad you like.

Ok, got a few more to share. Again old mixed with new.

4627044293_e75167c5bd_z.jpg

One of my earliest drawings of Sorath the sun god with his sun staff.

5413225161_7ede5d6d3a_z.jpg

The Sorrion Song. This small version dosn't do justice to the details of the full sized version. Sorath and Thagirion singing together. What do they sound like? If you've heard Graveworms's song Abhorrence Thagirion is the high vocals (black metal) while Sorath would be the low vocals (death metal) and they don't just sing like that, that is how they sound when they speak.

Sorath Sacrifice. A link because of blood. It's cartoon blood but I don't think it's allowed here. It's not bad though. An Aztec priest makes a heart sacrifice for the sun god. This was what I drew for a Valentine's in 2006 for my friends.

5700671775_af0e31bd98_z.jpg

Destina Gomez at the City of Gold. Destina Gomez was a Conquistador from the 1500's. Her powers are electricity and wind. Very helpful on sailing ships. This particular temple belongs to Sorath as you see his sun symbol at the top of it.

5720087349_42c492ddb8_z.jpg

Sorath and the Solar Flare. I just realized this set I posted is pretty much all about Sorath. Hehe, it wasn't meant on purpose but kind of worked out that way. I was very pleased with how this one turned out. You don't want to make him angry. This is one of his powers. I'm not sure if he's doing this on the sun or if he's called these powers forth on Earth against an enemy. Either way it's a devistating attack.
Enjoy.

I am enjoying. Very impressive work. Thanks for posting more.

Thanks for the comment I really appreciate them and am glad you like them. Here are a few more. First one is a little fan art.

Deathclaw Charge by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I drew this back when I was playing Fallout 3 on Xbox. The Deathclaws were my favorite thing about the game because they reminded me of a wingless Thagirion. They're very demon like and just awesome powerful creatures. This is what you see if you encounter them in the game though. Not good.

Owen Marsh Lost In The Snow by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This is a scene from a short side story I wrote apart from the main storyline. As Owen was chased down the back allies of the city he came to a dead end and was cornered by Davon himself. At last he had him and would finally take back his fire. But before he could he was interupted by one of his subordinate demons that there was a pressing matter back in the realm that needed attending to at once. It had to be pretty serious for Davon to let Owen go, but he did not just let him go. Before disappearing he teleported Owen to the huge forests of Canada in winter during the middle of a Blizzard. He hoped the storm would do the job for him and put out Owen's fire. Like in the drowing pic doesn't look like much of a way out of this one.

Four Bad Boys Band by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I toy with alternate realities way too much but I can't help myself. The name of the band is Lead and Brimstone. These four could not get their act together enough to ever be a band but I wanted to pretend they could. They'd play power metal and Owen would have clear vocals. But what's funny is that Davon on guitars still wants to kill him for his fire that he thinks he stole from him. I imagine they're play when suddenly the guitar stops. Owen looks behind him and seed Davon messing with the cables on the ground. He figures he's fixing a technical problem and keeps singing. The show must go on after all and you dont' stop in the middle of a song. Well, there was no technical problem. That's what Davon wanted him to think. He made a noose out of the cables and is about to strangle Owen in front of everyone. What's really funny about this to me is that Solan and Thanatos see all this and aren't doing anything about it. Solan wouldn't since he's Davon's right hand man. But Thanatos who's Owen's boss and after Davon would let this play out. Hehe.

Solan is Set Up

Link because of blood. Very mild though. This is one of my faves because I finally got to use the reflection technique I've been wanting to try out for a while on this table. Thanatos knows that Solan is Sorath. He lures him to the office by saying he wanted to dispute a contract and redo it. When he arrives and asks what the problem is Thanatos responds saying, "No problem, Sorath." Solan is shocked to hear his true name. The distraction is perfect and he's nailed in the back of the head by a baseball bat. In the story it's a random goon doing this. I had started to draw a random guy but thought to make it more interesting it should be Owen. He works there and he'd would want to do something like this. Since Sorath is valuable to Thagirion this is one way he could hurt Thagirion since his fire is no match for Thag's powers. I just LOVE Thanatos's smug content expression.

Cope Budgie Bite by Thagirion3, on Flickr

And let's end with something silly. Jonathan Cope went to feed his budgie. He was changing her bowl when she bit him for no reason other than it's fun for her. Ouch! Poor Cope. She closed her wings to put as much weight as she could but knows just to bite so that it makes the most pain without drawing any blood. Yes budgies are experts at this especially female budgies. Cope's feelings were hurt more than anything else. Mean budgie but I love them.

Nice chrome dragon!

Thanks. But Thag isn't a dragon nor is he made of chrome. He's a demon with molten flesh that constantly melts off and regenerates. The cooler parts of him are black like tar.

Here is my icon from my livejournal that shows him dripping.

So a few more for tonight.

Cope finds Owen hurt by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This was a very simple drawing. I drew it fast and colored it fast but was impressed with how well it turned out. Owen had been hurt in one of his demon chases. He just barely managed to escape but not before falling off a building. Cope happened to be in the area and saw everything. In desperation Owen asked him for help before passing out. Not easy for him to do since they are enemies. Cope became nervous not because he felt sorry for Owen but because if he died and he was in the vacinity he thought people would blame it on him. He would help him only so that wouldn't happen.

Cope Fallen by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Another of my faves. Helping Owen out turned out to be a bad move in the very end and it was now Cope's turn to lie prone on the floor hoping help would come for him. Luckily it did. Solan found him. I was listening to TransSiberian Orchestra's Lost Christmas Eve when I drew this.

Bad *** Budgie guitar pick by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This is my design for a custom guitar pick I'd love to have made for myself sometime. This is my logo for the start of my videos. I cover metal songs with my bass on youtube. But I haven't updated in forever.

Budgie Girl Rawks! by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Last one for tonight. This was a collab with my friend Suzidragonlady. She made a cute sktech for me of me as a budgie playing one of my bass guitars. I loved it! I inked it up and colored it and gave it a background. So here I am in budgie form hehe.

This is lots of fun! I really like the blurring on the Deathclaws. I like the animated head of Thagiron a lot, too.

Thanks I'm very glad you're enjoying them so much. I wanted to get the sense of speed with the Deathclaw that you get in the game. For big monsters they are very fast.

Moon of My Nights by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Another deathclaw drawing. I liked this one so much I used it as my Christmas card for 2009.

Cope - Sad Budgies by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Bad Boys Christmas Party by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This is one of my favorite drawings. This was last year's Christmas card I sent out to all my friends. Lots of work went into this one. There's Solan Rah and Jonathan Cope, the two introverts in the back not really into the party. They're there because they have to be. I can relate to them. Solan brought his work to keep him busy and Cope brought his computer and is playing a game.

Davon smokes in the foreground and listens to Thanatos crack jokes. Don't let Thanatos's happy nature fool you, he's very dangerous.

And Owen Marsh on stage hamming it up as the biggest extrovert in the room. He's loud and loves to show off. It's the same 80's bar I designed and used in two previous drawings.

Well that's it for a long time. If you enjoyed these please comment. I'd love to hear about it. If you have questions about my characters please ask. I love talking about them. Now you'll see just how slow I am because any updates I make to this thread will be of stuff I'm currently working on. I'm terribly slow. Thanks for looking.

WHAT? No Nepethes? :down:

Very nice art, definitely takes a lot of talent that most don't have!

WHAT? No Nepethes? :down:

Very nice art, definitely takes a lot of talent that most don't have!

Thanks Pineapple. Well there were some gourds. Don't worry I am planning to get around to actually drawing some nepenthes. Was thinking about which of my characters would actually interact with them. That would be one of my less used ones. Caroline Cope, Cope's wife. She does havea biology/physics background. I've never drawn her so this would be a good excuse to do so.

What - no more for a long time? :( I feel like I've read part of a graphic novel and won't see the rest soon. Great stuff. 'Really like the final pic/Christmas card illustration.

Yeah, sorry. I don't know how long "a long time" will be. Here is the pencil drawing of the one I'm working on now though for your enjoyment.

Work Fight

I don't like to post unfinished drawings but it's something for now. I'm inking the background for this and hopefully I'll make some more progress on it today if I can get to the program. My goal is a finished piece by the end of the month. Let's hope.

I also have this one in the line up to eventually do. But everytime I think about drawing in windows I run and hide. I love city scenes but they are some of the most annoying backgrounds for me to draw.

I feel like I've read part of a graphic novel and won't see the rest soon.

Hehe, now imagine how I feel. I am working on a book I'm hoping to publish. Getting it out has been majorly delayed because "my artist" is a slow poke. Hehe, but there will be more.

Thanks for your comments. I'm very glad you liked them so much. May-be I'll post some doodles or try to make some simpler fast pieces with no backgrounds.

No real complaints. I appreciate you sharing. It's fun to see the pencil sketches of unfinished work.

This stuff is awesome! I feel like you should animate some metal music videos. That would be a trip. Very cool, thanks for sharing so much of your work!

Back