What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thagirion's Art

Thagirion

Budgies are best
I love to draw and have been doing so since I was able to pick up a pencil. I have a story I have been working on and wanted to share with you some of my drawings I have made over the last few months. I hope you will like them. I draw these on paper with a mechanical pencil, then I scan them and ink them in Illustrator then color them in photoshop.
6776431481_fc650f2822_z.jpg

Meet Sorath and Thagirion. Thagirion is the black skeletal demon and creator of all in my little universe. Sorath is the more colorful metal faced demon and the sun god. Sorath is Thagirion's second in command. They are not enemies and in this scene this is a sparring match to prepare them for a battle. My art and my storyline is very much inspired by my favorite style of music: true metal. It's quite obvious in this piece.

5965632340_b3e0a82f8d_z.jpg

And here they are in human form. I actually enjoy using them more as humans than in their demon forms. Sorath is Solan Rah and he's more than happy to drive around his master Davon Ember Flare.

5960555893_ef54a3ab27_z.jpg

This is Prof. Jonathan Cope. He's the only good character in my universe. He's a brilliant young man but rather insecure and clumsy. He's in trouble with the dean of his college because he's likely destroyed something while making demonstrations to his class. He also has a speech impediment that causes him to stutter and doesn't help with his unsuredness. To make things worse he's got a life long rival that hates him and he keeps running into.

5625512386_f1d534ecc7_z.jpg

And said rival. This is Dr. Owen Marsh. He met Cope back in elementary school. Cope offered him friendship but Owen hated him from the start and they've been enemies ever since. Owen is also a genius and only a year younger than Cope. He's very out going and arrogant but unlike most jerks can back up everything he says. He had an accident that caused him to get his fire hair that he can not put out. He hates having it though it does not hurt him but to make things worth Thagirion thinks it's his fire and that Owen stole it from him. He wants Owen dead for it so Owen's always having to watch his back.

That's it for now. If you guys are interested I shall post more. I've got some art in the works at the moment but I'm very slow to turn out any finished products like this.

Thanks. I enjoy making these.

Great amount of detail in the first one!

Very cool artwork. The time & effort you put into these is really evident - wow! :hail:

It's cool that you've created your own 'universe' for these characters. Too bad that you only have the one good guy ... :0o:

Wireman, thank you. I do my best to pay attention to details. Thagirion himself is very detailed and difficult. Because of that even though he's one of my favorite characters I rarely draw him. I'm hoping to change that this year.

RL7836, thank you very much. I have lots of ideas and have devopled their characters and backgrounds over the years. Hehe, well my story is about villains, but I like Cope a lot so I draw him quite often in several different situations. Luckily he's also one of my easiest characters to draw.

Since some of you enjoyed these I'll post a few more today. I'm mixing in my older with my newer pieces so the quality may not be as good in the older ones.

5700697935_ddaf94c318_z.jpg

Jerone Thanatos. Prefers to be called just Mr. Thanatos or by his last name. Arms dealer and owner of Thanatos Industries a world wide corporation. Owen Marsh works for him as his lead scientist in R&D. Cope joined the team later on much to his dismay to find out Owen is his indirect boss. Thanatos is my only normal human in that he has no special powers or isn't a genius. He's got great survival and business instincts though and he's excellent with any firearm.

5429032600_0e3086337c_z.jpg

An older drawing but still one of my faves. The company party. Thanatos Industries partnered up with Flare Enterprise. Both are out to eventually back stab each other. But at the moment Davon's got his eyes on Owen's fire.

5959820722_ccf1060864_z.jpg

Nerd fight. Eventually Thanatos had to place these two in separate buildings because they just could not get along. Mostly it was Owen starting stuff with Cope. He needs both of them so he put up with their fighting as long as he could. This is before Owen got his fire.

5720654452_a9300f2a55_z.jpg

This is one of my faves. It's called Run From You. Owen flees from the spiritual representation of Thagirion. This is mostly in his mind and Owen has run out of places to hide in the city. It's as if Thagirion is saying, "You have no where to go and you shall not return".

Thanks for looking.

Interesting, I like Thagirion, he's neat looking in demon form. :)

Wow your good!! You should go to the cartooning networks and make pictures for animated TV shows...

Thanks Limeslide. I love doing stuff with Thagirion in it, though he's difficult to draw and color.

Wow!
Very, very, very good!
Never thought i'd like the look of a demon so much!

Thanks Daniel G. That means a lot you said that. Yes Thagirion is very unique.

Great stuff! You have a pretty unique style I can't say that I have seen the likes of before. It looks like it takes a lot of time!

Dexenthes, thanks. Yeah, I noticed early on that I don't really draw like anyone out there. I'm glad to be unique. It does take a long time. That's my biggest problem. I'm super slow. I average four drawings a year the last few years. I'm trying to change that and make one per month but I'm already behind by one month on that promise. Sometimes I'll sit with the program open and nothing happens. Hehe, but I'm being harder on myself this time around.

I know the feeling! :p I make jewelry and I am constantly behind the curve. I always set deadlines for myself and miss them entirely.

Wow! I'm glad I checked this thread out, good ones sometimes get past me. Such excellent artwork and very unique. I like the use you've made of color - it's so intense. Been wondering about your avatar, Thagiron.

Yep, I'm the same way but only with my own stuff. When I have to do something for someone else I tend to finish way ahead of schedule.

Thanks Bluemax. Yep, my avatar is of my own character. I'm glad you like them. I love working with these guys.
A few more for today.

5685875488_22a7e9b335_z.jpg

Owen drowning. The more I love a character the worse their life tends to get. I love placing them in bad situations. Sometimes I come up with scenes that don't fit my main story but are fun to imagine. Like this one. I imagine that Owen was on a large ship. He must have said something to piss someone off and was tossed over board into the cold north Atlantic. Very bad move. How he gets out of this I still haven't figured out but it's one of those things I enjoy replaying over and over in my mind.

5700679889_6ce5980ec4_z.jpg

Thagirion over seeing from the peak of a spire. Thought I'd share this one so you guys could see him from the back.

5751191003_4027f7afb4_z.jpg

This is a scene from an alternate story I wrote. Cope has leaped out of his flying car and coming down fast on his enemy. Most likely Owen. Cope is fun because he's got the coolest stuff. He's got his jet shoes, a death ray, and a flying car to name a few.

5957736604_4db8af6677_z.jpg

This is one of my favorite and newer drawings. Solan the vice president of Flare Enterprise working diligently away at his desk. He misses the old days of being a sun god and keeps old representations of himself around from by gone eras. I actually wanted to fill his office with lots of statues but I only mangaged three as it was a lot of work with the detail I had already put into everything else. So it's almost how I imagine his room.

What are you using with photoshop to color these, stylus?

I have only been using a tablet for about a year now. I'm mostly a mouse artist since I started that way years ago. I'm still not totally used to my tablet so I now make these with a combination of both. I mostly use the tablet when I'm zoomed in very close for tight details like on eyes. I have a Wacom Intuios 4.

Back