What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farmville...yeah, that annoying game...

So back in the day, I played farmville on facebook. Recently my wife, who still plays, informed me that they added a Hawaiian island that you can farm. Well... they have, for a limited time, added a new decoration. Pitcher Plants!!!!!!!!! They are heliamphora, but of course they do not list the technical name, just pitcher plants. My farm has since been resurrected as a pitcher plant farm!!:-O

LOL! I got roped into Farmville, and Farmtown and Yoville and Mafia Wars. What a mistake! The only games I'll play on FB are Words With Friends & Scrabble. And those are time-consuming enough!

YAY for Zynga Games! Unfortunately my 10 shares of Zynga stock have plummeted ever since I bought it! :lol:

LMFAO some electro junky knows his plants :lol:

I'd like to see a screencap of that.

Oh cool. They're really pretty! Too bad they weren't nepenthes.

try Plants vs Zombies by wild tangent you got pea shooter pitcher plants and verocious toothy venus fly traps that guard your house from zombies its sooooooo cool.

YAY for Zynga Games! Unfortunately my 10 shares of Zynga stock have plummeted ever since I bought it! :lol:

Zynga's 'Words With Friends' has these annoying ads that you gave to wait 4-8 seconds before moving onto the next game.

I've never played any of them, just bought some of their tech stock.

When Facebook's IPO goes public maybe Zynga's stock will jump up with it for a rebound since these are games you play on Facebook right?

I see these Phone cards type things for the Zynga games on sale at Walmart, what are those cards for?

In the game, there are farmbucks, which are the regular form of money that you can use to buy a few things. Farmbucks can actually be earned in the game... Now, FarmCASH is different. Farmcash is purchased with real money and it can buy the cooler items, or the ones that are more helpful in the game. It can also buy you shortcuts in the game. Those phone card things are giftcards for Farmcash, so people can give them as gifts and others may redeem them. I've gotten and given a handful of them. However, Farmville is a stupid game and I wouldn't recommend playing it, or any other game by Zynga, because every path you take in the game leads you to having to buy stuff from Zynga. It's a waste of time and money. :(

Gotta pay to advance in the game... that's rather devious! :lol:

Gotta pay to advance in the game... that's rather devious! :lol:

They have "quests" in the games, and they all intertwine. You have to complete one to get the materials to complete the next, and to complete some of them, you need friends that play the game. Nobody plays the games anymore and they get PO'd when you send the requests, so you have to spend real money to unlock the quest. You have to do the quests to level up for the most part... So it's indirectly like what you said.

'Words' has this crazy rule whereby you can only play 20 games. Once you've hit that limit they won't allow you to initiate a new game. What's with that?

The show "Body of Proof" had these plants in the backgrounds.

But nobody cared.

Back