What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another "I hate USPS" thread

Yeah but you said your plant arrived okay right? At least it wasn't dead. I have had plants lost in the mail and they come 1 month later all black.

Sorry about that SSS really am. That part sucks. If it's any consolation the 2-3 day priority is always 4-5 because the N Augusta post office sucks butt.

Hey, glad you got it at least. Also, I'll be sure to write Acker instead of Grand River when you give me your address next time.

i ship stuff all the time and i can say this for certain: first class is cheaper and faster than priority and even overnight shipping... i ship everything first class unless its over 13 ounces or the person requests it.. i live in oregon and ive had things get to the east coast in 2 days. priority will always take at least 4 days for some reason and the few over night packages ive sent (and paid a lot for) took 3 days...

mill first class ships direct ,priority goes to Portland first so u loss a day

BTW writing on the box "heat sensitive" or "do not freeze" or whatever does no good. ive been told this directly by the staff. it wont get special treatment. they put it on the truck and leave it there.. they don't have time to sort or organize boxes based on the handwritten messages written on them. and that occasional crushed box you may get is because the workers walk on top of boxes to reach the box they need in their trucks...

I work at the Salem processing facility sorting packes. Lots of misconceptions here. There is no such thing as routine inspection by USPS employees, with the possible exception of media mail. Under certain suspicious circumstances a package may be turned over to the Postal Inspectors, who are a law enforcement agency, but that is rare. There is also no difference in the processing of first class or priority packages, they all run together. It is true that the handwritten messages don't make a difference in processing, with the exception of live animals, but your carrier should be paying attention to them when they are delivered.

Mickey, first class and priority both go to Portland where they are flown out of the airport on UPS or FedEx aircraft. They are on the plane the same night that you drop the package off at the post office as long as you get it there for the posted last collection time.

Tony, if everything runs together, any ideas as to why this package sat at a single sort facility for 6 days?

Tony, if everything runs together, any ideas as to why this package sat at a single sort facility for 6 days?

My guess would be that it fell under the sorting machine and went unnoticed for those days, unfortunately that does happen on occasion.

I've had great experience with USPS. My first nepenthes were ordered online and arrived from 3,000 miles away in two days. :)

Back