What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kirby's Time Lapse Thread

• Thread starter LeafKirby
  • Start date
Interesting, Kirby. A good start.

Yeah, but I should have edited out the nighttime.

Definitely a good start but you should try and focus closer to the plants so that the differences in growth are more noticeable. As I watched it I was more distracted by the cars and the lighting and so forth, the focus wasn't really on the plants.

Definitely a good start but you should try and focus closer to the plants so that the differences in growth are more noticeable. As I watched it I was more distracted by the cars and the lighting and so forth, the focus wasn't really on the plants.

My next view will be somewhat aerial. I can't really focus with the camera lense but it'l be a much long and focus time lapse.

:)

:0o: :awesome:

Cool :) Love the D. indica one. Keep em' coming!

I stopped the recording when I saw the the flower coming up. For that, I'm going to go probably a picture every 10 minutes, or someone have a better time frame? I also did a few other veggies TLCs.

Very cool!! Healthy looking plants too.

Well it turns I forgot my TLC at home... So I missed the flowers. :( I'll hafta get the next round.

Very nice Kirby, I like the latest one a lot. It really gives a sense on how the sundew bends and curves at grows upwards. Good job.

Now if there were a way that you could have controlled lighting and background, so that you took a picture in the exact same lighting at the exact same time every day? That would pretty much polish it off.

Very nice Kirby, I like the latest one a lot. It really gives a sense on how the sundew bends and curves at grows upwards. Good job.

Now if there were a way that you could have controlled lighting and background, so that you took a picture in the exact same lighting at the exact same time every day? That would pretty much polish it off.

I will learn some techniques to control the sun.
lol

The following video is the second video from below.

Last edited:
I really wish someone had told me how long it takes for a D.Indica flower to bloom. I kinda just wasted like 1GB of space for nothing...

Do notice on the second video, posted above, how the plant alternates how much mucus is provides to each tentacle, I'm not sure why it does that since it was full on water.

Last edited:
Back