What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashlight Torch fans

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I do not know if there are any flashlight / torch fans here or not.
I'm certainly not obsessed as some people are. I just like a good flashlight.
(I know I'm not obsessed since my first good flashlight I bought back in 2007. This second one I just got today...)

Anyway my first and beloved good flashlight is a Fenix L1D I got back in 2007. Pretty much carry it with my all the time. Back when I bought it they went for $55.00.

I've always wanted another one with more lumens. The Fenix L1D high setting is 120 Lumens. (For comparison some people may have heard of Maglite. There huge 2 D-cell flashlight produces 134 lumes. I get 120 Lumes with a single AA tiny Fenix L1D flashlight.)

Today I received one I bought off ebay using the same CREE Q5 emitter that the L1D has. The new one is supposed to hit 400 lumens running off 3 AAA batteries, and not a whole lot larger. I have no way of telling the amount of lumens it produces, but it is impressive. When the zoom is set to cover the same amount of area as the L1D, the new flashlight is a bit brighter. Concentrate the zoom on the new one, and wow!
What makes it even more impressive is that it was $8.00 shipped to my door.

I may buy 1 more flashlight with even higher output. Both the flashlights use the CREE Q5 emitter and may get one with the newer XM-L emitter.

Pics of my Fenix L1D and the new one compaired to a AA battery.
flashlights.jpg

Just passing this on if anyone wants a nice flashlight for the $ (as long as it holds up):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250990040605?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

That top flashlight would be a great host for a DIY diode laser :)

Back