What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pro mix bx biofungicide

I recently purchased a bale of pro mix bx biofungicide and was wondering if it would be good to use for carnivorous plants? its a peat,perlite vermiculite mix and from what ive been reading on it it seems to be great for seedling and plants in general. I bought it in hopes of saving some money and people have said it works great on many type of pathogens and fungus. it has some lime in it but its stabalizes the ph to around 7 with some slightly higher readings. is this safe to use on cps?

I think that has lime in it to stabilize the pH. I dont think it would work for most CPs.

Dang... okay guess ill just keep using it for my other plant seedlings

It contains Bacilius subtilis which has been found to be very bad (fatal) for Drosera seedlings.

Search YouTube for "Safe Fungicides for Carnivorous Plants" for more information. Since this is a vendor produced video that mentions and displays the vendors name and website I won't link to it here.

Thanks. Ill look into it. do you know if mycholrizides are good for cps? I have a couple cultures that I could add to the soil that would help? If I sterlalized the soil more would it cut down on the chances of fungus growing? I bake all my soil for 30 mins on 350 but it still grew .

Lots of people recommend trichoderma.

Back