What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant of the Month April 2012

thez_yo

instigator
Amphirion over at http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130317 suggested a 'Plant of the Month' so let's do this! First... lets argue about rules - I think they should be something like this, yes? You can start entering in plants in this thread too! :awesome:

1. Only ONE (1) Plant per member may be entered in any particular month. This means one Nep vine, one Sarr Rhizome (that'll get interesting with the bigger ones, eh? :p), one pygmy dew etc.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 04/30/12
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher, unfurling of a leaf etc. are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher/plant/whatnot cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher/plant/whatnot entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo, or sprouted from seed by the owner.
9. I didn't like this rule. You can keep entering the same thing month after month and if people still like it without getting sick of it, so be it.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 05/01/12, closing 05/05/12 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in ... can we make a sub-board here too?
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on April 30th 2012 at 5:00PM EST

Good Luck!

i like.
entering introgressed H. heterodoxa x minor, sold as H. minor---most likely the "vigorous clone"
6894301298_712071eae2_z.jpg
6894301002_287fbdb297_z.jpg

6894301148_6559d86cf7_b.jpg
6894300878_0049f077b9_b.jpg

'Nice. A real inter-genera slugfest. Thanks for doing this, Thez. May the best 'dew, err - plant, win.

Great helis, Amp.

Yay! Now there's a contest for those of us who don't have neps worth entering! Great idea!

It is on!

*gives a pep talk to his plants, tells them to "prepare for fisticuffs"*

Cephalotus "Czech clone"
cephalotus_4-3-12.jpg

my first entry.. nothing like yours though amp!

Heliamphora 'tequila'
P1150039.jpg

P1150040.jpg

some update pics from today...

P1150047.jpg

P1150048.jpg

P. emarginata x cyclosecta

emargxcyc-macro-smc50.jpg

holy crap. i think this is gonna be an epic contest. :0o:

wow that is an incredible plant Crissytal!

Thanks guys! :)

Thanks for doing this Z! This is a really great idea.

yea I agree. Most of my neps are just under 6 months and most of my helis are around that time.

Wish my Heliamphora were worthy to show here. :p I'll have to post a 'dew or something soon..

Holy crap Crissytal :ohno: that is just so.. gorgeously breath-taking :laaa: and thanks for sharing that pic with us!

to everyone:
Thank YOU for entering pics :hail:

Wow, really a beautiful shot there Crissytal

Awesome pics all... jon, mach, exo, heli et. al.,
Amazing pic Crissy, the girl brought game.... love it.

and way to go zu, finally something our non-nep HL plants can participate in :p

Last edited:
ok thanks for making me lose Devon :p

Back