What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring Has Sprung!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
003-12.jpg

002-12.jpg

wow jim that sucks. but in the long run this late warm snow is good for plants. wish we would get some our way.

Yeah....had to cover my bog again due to nature's shinanigins....thankfully up here near the lake most of it melted as it hit the ground.

You're kidding me! That photo is from today? Down here in New York City I almost decided to head to work today without a jacket... It was sunny and 50 degrees this morning!

Although I can't say I'm not jealous for two reasons:
1) It was a lousy, disappointing winter in NYC. Two snow storms, both early in the season, no accumulation. So much for a white Christmas
2) I would deal with nature's shenanigans any day if it meant I had outdoor space to grow American temperate CPs!

Yeah what gives. It's late April already. Supposedly temps dropped to almost 40 for me. Had to bring all my nepenthes inside.

Suuuucks!

We got some snow yesterday and today too. Although it melted overnight...

Hopefully the real spring will come soon.

Funny no snow here in Toronto . . . . heh heh

Wow.. someplace that sucks worse than Michigan.

Yesterday we had a high of 26C (79F) and our scheduled high for Saturday is 5C (41F). Whats going on with the weather? All winter was crazy like this too.

These plants were showing new growth in the beginning of March, with 11 flower buds. The cold killed all of the buds. A couple new ones have since emerged. I think a few plants have died.

Back