What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cause if i remember right there are other gun nuts here.....

since i was real young and reading the stuff by W.D.M. Bell, Percival and other turn of the century African hunters ive wanted a 1903 Mannlicher-Schönauer sporter in 6.5x54MS.....problem is they tend to run around $2,500 for an ok one and go up from there.....out of my price range....they are wonderful lil rifles, no other bolt gun can match the smoothness of a Mannlicher action...

found out bout a year ago that Mannlicher also produced about 150,000 rifles for the Greek military off the same "assembly line" as the sporting rife.....some details are different but nothing that cant be managed......few days ago i ran across one that someone else had cut up so i wouldnt have to cut up an uncommon original military gun......for about $300 i got my starting point for one of the guns ive always wanted.....lil rough and needs some work but in between fishing and other summer things i may have it up and running for hunting season this October

DSCF2030.jpg

DSCF2029.jpg

DSCF2031.jpg

DSCF2032.jpg

That looks like a real beaut!

Looks like a fun project, good luck with it.

Nice project.Are you going to keep it mostly stock or are you going to modify it?Just don't turn it into one of those tacticool rifles.lol

Nice!!

Nice project.Are you going to keep it mostly stock or are you going to modify it?Just don't turn it into one of those tacticool rifles.lol

kinda hard to tacticool a Mannlicher.....the split rear bridge makes mounting a scope interesting let alone much else.....its hopefully gonna look like a pre-WWI hunting rifle when im done with it....problem is gonna be the rear sight, given the short barrel i dont want the normal rear sight, i want a peep sight.....actually can still find the ones made specifically for this gun, they run about $500 :0o: gonna hit some gun shows and see if i cant find something else i can make work, even if i have to enlist the help of a buddy thats a pretty good machinist....

this stock will prolly get shaped down to loose some of its chunk, its quite a bit thicker than it needs to be along the barrel, mav buy a whole new walnut stock down the road.....

It's not hard!All you need is a bipod,light,laser and a picatinny rail......fore grip.......lol.Just messin with you.Keep us posted on your project!

Last edited:
Back