What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$158 venusflytrap on ebay

• Thread starter cool85k5
  • Start date
Doom, Eddie has been in TC for years. Many neps are bad in TC and grow slow which is why they still cost so much.

Eddie being in tc is not the problem. Its the fact that they release them in bunches of a few at a time and only release males. IF they released females there would have been thousands of seeds by now

They don't even know the sex of the clone yet. They are also constantly releasing them but they are so slow in TC that there is a long waiting list. It not like they have a warehouse with thousands of eddies and only release a couple when they feel like it.

They don't even know the sex of the clone yet. They are also constantly releasing them but they are so slow in TC that there is a long waiting list. It not like they have a warehouse with thousands of eddies and only release a couple when they feel like it.

Ok believe all that companies tell you lol..

It takes more than a decade for it to mature unlike a vft. Besides, wistuba and Rob are in the business because it is their passion, they aren't in it just to make money.

conspiracy.gif

Look at it this way, there are probably less mature eddies in cultivation than the fingers on your hand. They grow super slow and flower randomly, what are the chances that a male AND female plant will flower at the same time.

@exo the crash at Roswell was actually wistuba's Edwardsiana transport saucer. ;)

Besides, wistuba and Rob are in the business because it is their passion, they aren't in it just to make money.

Again, believe all they tell you. You're young so it's understandable, but you can't be naive with business people. If someone came out and said "Hey guys I want money and im gonna keep prices up in the sky and only sell a couple of these even though i have hundreds/thousands" that people would respect them.. Now if the same person in the same situation said "Man I love neps so much. Cant wait to release my next few as they come out of tc to share with everyone" BAM.. Autorespect.

You don't get it though and I'm not gonna debate business and logic with you. That comes with time and dealing with people.

Again, believe all they tell you. You're young so it's understandable, but you can't be naive with business people. If someone came out and said "Hey guys I want money and im gonna keep prices up in the sky and only sell a couple of these even though i have hundreds/thousands" that people would respect them.. Now if the same person in the same situation said "Man I love neps so much. Cant wait to release my next few as they come out of tc to share with everyone" BAM.. Autorespect.

You don't get it though and I'm not gonna debate business and logic with you. That comes with time and dealing with people.

Annnd...how old are you again?

Look at it this way, there are probably less mature eddies in cultivation than the fingers on your hand. They grow super slow and flower randomly, what are the chances that a male AND female plant will flower at the same time.

With chemicals and lighting and other proper conditions known to peopel who study these things, they can force flowering in a lab or in tc relatively easily compared to what you think. And a seed in tc takes MUCH less, upwards of 8x less time to flower and mature as an adult. So 10 years? More liek 1 year for a flowering tc'ed eddie if grown properly. And ON top of that, I would bet SOOO Much that there are more mature eddies in cultivation than you even imagine right now.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Annnd...how old are you again?

19 and I study business. 19 and 15-16 is a big difference. why do you think you cant drive at 15? And IM not saying i have no maturing to do, I am just saying that its easy to convince someone of something they WANT to believe.

You keep forgetting that Edwardsiana is notoriously slow and difficult. You can't just make thousands out of nowhere...

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

An adult Eddie in one year? :lol: your killing me

You keep forgetting that Edwardsiana is notoriously slow and difficult. You can't just make thousands out of nowhere...

Out of nowhere, definitely not. In sterile culture with hormones and other potent chemicals in IDEAL growing conditions, nothing is that slow and difficult. Maybe slower than a weedy cp but impossible. Let's be real. Plants do what they do and flower when they flower because of hormones and other chemicals. Take those and control them precisely and you can play god.

I suggest you try tcing nepenthes or talk to someone with experience like David before you make these VERY strange claims.

I suggest you try tcing nepenthes or talk to someone with experience like David before you make these VERY strange claims.

I suggest you stop talking using stuff people have told you and considering it fact when in reality it is just what they want you to believe. I have provided reaosn as to why I believe what I do and all you have done is make claims that you cannot back up with any evidence of your own and laugh at the facts.

I agree with luca, talk to someone who TC's neps. I still think some species would be slow in TC no matter what chemicals and hormones you use.

Doom, can you give me evidence for any of your claims?

I agree with luca, talk to someone who TC's neps. I still think some species would be slow in TC no matter what chemicals and hormones you use.

Trust me, I know almost everyone on here agrees with that mindset which is why they are willing to pay $300+ for a nep. Plants are plants, and neps arent even close to being the most difficult. Do yu REALLY think they havent gotten to clone neps in tc via tissue yet? Just because I dont grow nepenthes myself doesnt mean I dont know a lot of tc info that I don't go blabbing around for no reason.

So I shouldnt trust professional growers but I should trust you... You know, not all plant species are the same... Nepenthes are very sensitive to chemicals online other plants.

So I shouldnt trust professional growers but I should trust you... You know, not all plant species are the same... Nepenthes are very sensitive to chemicals online other plants.

Heli.... When someone starts selling and monopolizing the industry on a product their "professionalism" goes out the window and in jumps Business man with open wallet.
It's called marketing. They don;t teach it in highschool.

Back