What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$158 venusflytrap on ebay

• Thread starter cool85k5
  • Start date
Saw that! It is a HUGE VFT, but still... If you look at his other plant, the Heli, it is also very colorful. I think the color is attractive and seriously gets the money, but I still wonder, who is buying this? My only thought would be a botanical garden who need a giant display Venus Flytrap...

Good looks worth it. People that are into neps and other pitchers undervalue dionaea because they are small.. They gotta get over that.

It's out of my price range!

Doom, I wouldnt say it is size... people love argentii and that is the smalled nep.

The high price tags on most neps have a great deal to do with their slow growth, difficulty of propagation, and in some cases, rather exacting care.

yea... and with vfts you could get a lot a vft seeds and there is a chance one will come up to be like that 150 dollar one.. or even nicer.

I really don't see why it's worth that much. I also don't see all the value in TC'ed mutants either, why pay so much for a plant that can't even catch insects.

I really don't see why someone would pump out $160 for a flytrap that is practically identical in size (which I assume is why it is selling for so much) to B52.

^ same here. I collect carnivorous plants because I like the natural beauty.. thats why I prefer species over hybrids as well.

I don't see why people are jumping all over it...my B52 makes traps just as big!

^ same here. I collect carnivorous plants because I like the natural beauty.. thats why I prefer species over hybrids as well.

There are lots of natural hybrids out there.

I think that these bidders are paying wayyy too much for this plant. There are lots of giant flytraps that are likely larger than that..

Hopefully it isn't a newbie bidding so high, thinking they're rare or something. Lol.

IMHO it's as unspecial as any other VFT, they're all the same to me. :jester:

Yeah, I got this real nice orange bridge, not too far from me; and for five easy payments . . .

I have plenty of plants with larger traps than that . . .

We have no way to know, but frequently these insane** prices are not followed by high-bidder payment. Sometimes the prices get bid up by seller-shills or just people who have no intention of paying. Sellers on cpuk have shared this phenomenon several times.

** my idea of insane is $150 for an $8 VFT. Not high prices per se, but high prices not backed by reason. A $1k adult eddy or $300 elgecko Ceph would not be 'insane' ... :-O

To each there own... But 150 for a VFT! Thats crazy.

Regrettably the bidder is new to ebay with only 4 purchases and is probably a new grower as well.

Hopefully this won't turn them off cp's when they find how much they have over paid.

Looks very similar to a B52, which has large traps also, grows easy, and is readily available for cheap . So why the bidding war for this thing? ???

Back