What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant of the Month May 2012

thez_yo

instigator
1. Only ONE (1) Plant per member may be entered in any particular month. This means one Nep vine, one Sarr Rhizome, one pygmy dew etc.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified. (THIS MEANS YOU AV8TOR1!!!!)
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 05/31/12
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher, unfurling of a leaf etc. are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher/plant/whatnot cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher/plant/whatnot entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo, or sprouted from seed by the owner.
9. I didn't like this rule. You can keep entering the same thing month after month and if people still like it without getting sick of it, so be it.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 06/01/12, closing 06/05/12 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in ... can we make a sub-board here too?
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on May 31st 2012 at 5:00PM EST

Good Luck!

really? no entries at all? time to get the ball rolling!

H. heterodoxa, Gran Sabana
7298364008_367ebbbf56_o.png

Last edited:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!! :-))

Your heli is gonna cry when it sees my entry...

Nice plant amph, just some good natured competitive teasing...

S. flava var. cuprea
certainly lives up to its name.... full sun helps it bring out its colors.
P1150205.jpg

P1150195.jpg

P1150193.jpg

P1150211.jpg

P1150206.jpg

P1150202.jpg

P1150196.jpg

P1150191.jpg

I was looking at my grow rack wondering what to enter, and my eyes landed upon this beauty, an overlooked species from a genus that is only known for it's flowers, but this one has no flowers, and is, in my opinion, a very fine plant with no flowers or not.

Stylidium adnatum:

DSC_0001-11.jpg

Quite pretty right? Worth growing, flowers or not...

S. flava var. rugelii from Twin City, Georgia
3bb75011.jpg

a2645611.jpg

Sorry for any fuzz you may see on the plant, it's cottonwood season here in the Pac. NW

S.flava ornata x flava "Kimber red ruffles"

Sflava-ruffles_5-23-12.jpg

Flay-vah of flava month, eh? :p

Hmmmm, I didn't notice any entries in the under-utilized 'small epiphytic utric' category so here goes ... :-O

U. jamesoniana
Ujamesoniana3-4052812RS.jpg

Ujamesonianaplaque-flower052812RS.jpg

H. tatei var. neblinae x hispida (Wistuba)
Naturally occuring hybrid

(Felt slap to back of head from Zu :-)) )

IMG_3717_hf.jpg

Image taken moments ago

Thanks for looking,
Av

Oh good work guys :) KEEP EM COMING!! I KNOW Y'ALLS ARE HIDING GORGEOUS PLANTS UP IN THE HIZZLE!

Beautiful plants everyone!

D. coccicaulis or D. venusta 'Coccicaulis' (whatever it is now)
cocc1-1.jpg

I'm making the poll right now :)

Back