What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated forum

Going through my logs it appears the website was infected (Thursday pm 5-10-12) with the JS-Redirector-UL script which redirects your browser to a website that will attempt to download various malware like trojan horse or backdoor virus programs. Avast blocked access to these sites. Users who did not get a warning from their anti-virus/firewall programs or browser should probably update their virus definitions and scan their systems.
Phew... I'm glad I use Linux ;)

I noticed the VFT favorite.ico for terraforums has been replaced with the standard VBulletin favorite icon.
Probably not high on Andrew's list of priorities, but I too miss this. I usually have many browser tabs open, so the favicon helps me quickly identify them.

Yah, the redirect what there.. I checked the site it tried to go to and the site was shutdown.... I'm not sure if anyone here had access to it before that, but I checked it pretty much as soon as it started happening and the site was down and I shut down TF to make sure people stayed safe while I worked on it.. But checking is ALWAYS good idea... if you've possibly been exposed, or you just haven't checked in a while :p there are free versions of stuff too for those of you that don't like paying like avg free... http://free.avg.com/us-en/free-antivirus-download

Yeah, I overwrote the fav icon... I gotta refind if I have it to put it back.
Thanks

Avast Home Edition is also free and has been fairly decent for me. Have used it for a few years without issue.

thanks kyle, already got it and uploaded it. I had it in the original backup of the last version.
Andrew

Yay! Flytraps back on my bookmarks and tabs.

I just finished scanning my macintosh and did find one infected file but it had nothing to do with terraforums.com. If you are using Mac OS X then I recommend that you download clamxav ( http://www.clamxav.com/index.php ). It is a great -and free- Mac virus scanner.

I've run a number of vBulletin forums in the past. Also converted a few from 3.5 to 4.xxx
All I can say to those that have never had the fun, is that it's very stressful. So much can go wrong during an update.
Mainly that your forums won't work. I had many back ups just in case.
Nice work!

Really petty complaint, but is there any chance of getting the forum back to the pretty green motif?

Nvm, I found a way. It's not the same, but it'll do just fine.

I agree, I liked the old green. The dark green/black hurts my eyes!

I agree, I liked the old green. The dark green/black hurts my eyes!
I'm using the vB4 Default Style, as I don't like the Dark Green SEO either.

I've finally gotten in contact with the forum member that made out last style and he agreed to fix us up a new one... so its coming!

Last edited:
I've run a number of vBulletin forums in the past. Also converted a few from 3.5 to 4.xxx
All I can say to those that have never had the fun, is that it's very stressful. So much can go wrong during an update.
Mainly that your forums won't work. I had many back ups just in case.
Nice work!

Thanks! What topics do you cover?

Getting this message

"Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /homepages/4/d218972017/htdocs/terraforums/forums/index.php(1) : eval()'d code
Line: 7"

That was on FireFox. On IE I had MS security essentials clean something up and I can see the forum after refreshing because it was only showing the top part. But the tables are all messed up on the front page. Can't save changes to my notifications.

This morning my AVG won't let me get into the forum main page. It says it's detecting the Blackhole exploit kit again, just like last week.

Last edited:
So sorry. I think it's clear again.... I'm working very hard with the dedicated server people and the guy that shares my server to try and make sure there is no left behind access to the server from last time.
Thanks,
Andrew

:boogie: I agree. When I open up tf, blue on white is not what I'm expecting :0o:

You can change the forum colors. I have mine set to a black and green. It's not as nice as what it used to be, but it's a heck of a lot easier on my eyes.

To change it do this:

Log in to your TF account. Look for "Settings" at top of the screen. Look on the left side under the "My Account" heading and select "General Settings". Scroll down to the "Miscellaneous Option" heading, look for "Forum Skin" and select Dark Green SEO. That changes it to black and green. It's not great, it's better in my opinion. Hopefully we will have a better one soon :).

(I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full Z :) )

Crystal

The biggest complaint seems to be with the black border/background with the Dark Green SEO style. This can be easily changed for now in the style manager of the admin panel.

The area I find annoying is how nested quotes are indented. Look at a PM with 4 or 5 nested replies and quotes in it to see what I mean.

Overall I find the Dark Green SEO much easier to read in the posts and the chatbox than the old scheme.◱

Back