What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated forum

You can change the forum colors. I have mine set to a black and green. It's not as nice as what it used to be, but it's a heck of a lot easier on my eyes.

To change it do this:

Log in to your TF account. Look for "Settings" at top of the screen. Look on the left side under the "My Account" heading and select "General Settings". Scroll down to the "Miscellaneous Option" heading, look for "Forum Skin" and select Dark Green SEO. That changes it to black and green. It's not great, it's better in my opinion. Hopefully we will have a better one soon :).

(I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full Z :) )

Crystal

You could also scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the bottom left corner there is a box where you can choose from the three options. :-D

Yes, agreed with Not a Number. This is why I'm viewing mine in the blue instead. If it weren't for the black background I'd use the green one. Again, I think it would be nice to have several color options for layouts so everyone can pick the one they best like and have it be personalized.

Figures lol. I end up doing stuff the hard way :).

Yeah, I agree. The black isn't the best. I wish it was a duller color like grey. It's still better for me though than all the white on white. It makes my eyes hurt.

Can't figure out how to change the forum clock from Army time to civilian normal person that doesn't like to count past 12 time.

You could also scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the bottom left corner there is a box where you can choose from the three options. :-D

Setting it in your User Control Panel makes this your default style universally, no matter which computer you are using. Changing it from the lower left sets a cookie and only affects the computer/session you are using at the time.

I guess I'm the odd one out, I like the green on black. Oh well.???

The black on that skin is the one thing I tried to change when I installed that style... I was going to put the old background image there, but for the life of me cannot find where in this new setup to put it!

3014823834_1b3bb17c7a_o.jpg

Anyone?
Can't figure out how to change the forum clock from Army time to normal person time.

Oh that's a great background. I hope you can find a way to install it. That's grey/green would work perfect.
I'm only having the millitary time issue on the chat.

I was looking for the time thing and couldn't find it... but the chatbox, now THAT was my fault- default setting :p fixed! is that the one you were talking about mass?

same background as the old style ;)

That is the one kind sir.. :hail:

I have a new bug report. When using "Safari Lite" on my iPhone i get this message:

433ba25f.jpg

Anyone?
Can't figure out how to change the forum clock from Army time to normal person time.
Either this has been changed globally, or not everyones displays the same, as mine shows in 12-hour clock format (AM/PM).

In the past, I've been pretty good with tinkering with themes and making them look how I want them to look. If you like, I can try installing vB on my webhost and playing with the theme, see if I can't get it to work and then tell you how.

Do you use CSS for your themes?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ExzBb9KrcUc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's cool! The form fills out the CSS for you!

Images can also be added to the body. There's a tutorial for that, which also explains how to align/place the image. Header color where the logo is located is changed in the header template.

NaN's video there does work, but it keeps the black bar at the bottom of the page and in the heading. In the style variable editor, type in "header_background" and "footer_background" and put #B7BF9B for the color. Voila. The text colors could use some editing with those changes as well, but that's easy enough.

EDIT: Whoops, it also leaves the navbar black. "navbar_background", set it to #B7BF9B as well. Again, link color could use a change after that. I like #2B3310 for the link color (navbar_link_color for the navbar and footer_link_color for links in the footer), but that makes the pulldown links look funky on hover, so I also like #D2DBB3 for "navbar_tab_background". o_O

Last edited:
I think I'm happy with the black mostly gone, we'll let the other guy work his magic (over the weekend I think) and go from there. thx!

Back