What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iwest's Photo Thread

Video update of my indoor plants! I'll probably do an outdoor one once my sarrs all come out of dormancy and put up some pitchers. Hope you guys like it :D

Over a year without a post here! Today, some Sarracenia.
S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana - Near Transylvania Co, NC - F1:

S. moorei 'Burgundy':

S. 'Royal Ruby':

S. 'Damon's Red Mystery':

S. 'Dan Winter':

S. purpurea x leucophylla 'Red and White':

S. leuco x (leuco x purp):

S. leuco HCW pitchers coming up:

S. 'Reptilian Rose':

S. alata Red/Black x flava 'Kimber Red Ruffles':

You have a lot of hybrids. I like the Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana. It is fitting that it should come from Transylvania since its hood reminds me of a cape.

Thanks Tanukimo! Love my hybrids.

Some of my indoor plants:

N. sanguinea 'Pink':

N. spectabilis SG - Pangulubao:

N. spectabilis SG - locality unknown (pardon the finger):

N. tentaculata:

U. livida:

D. enodes:

Last edited:
You sure that's U. livida? Looks more like sandersonii leaves to me, especially the blue form, and I have both species in multiple locations....

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's livida. For reference, here are its flowers, which certainly help with the ID:

Edit: As a side note, I actually asked for the plant's ID on this forum a couple years ago, and the conclusion was that this was a livida as well.

Last edited:
Those are the most divergent livida leaves I've ever seen then... flower's a little different from the clones I have too, but they match close enough. Perhaps this is a Mexican form?

Yeah, livida does seem to have a lot of variation within the species. It definitely could be a Mexican form after doing some research, although I'm not really a Utric connoisseur.

Last edited:
Yesterday I picked up a few plants at the BACPS Show/Sale, which was awesome as always!

D. spiralis:

S. rosea 'Kimber's':

S. 'Extreme Unction':

The three sarrs I picked up, the rosea, 'Extreme Unction,' and leuco 'Schnell's Ghost':

Nice plants! I wish I could have been there. The rosea looks pretty big.

Took some pictures this evening in the fading light.

A black and yellow mud dauber (Sceliphron caementarium) on S. alata Red/Black x flava 'Kimber Red Ruffles':

A paper wasp on S. flava rugelli x flava rubricorpora ‘Claret’:

Same paper wasp on S. oreophila Sand Mountain:

Aaaand that's enough bugs for one day!
The large lid of a S. oreophila x 'Leah Wilkerson':

And a different plant from the same seed batch, showing more oreophila than LW:

S. 'Royal Ruby' drooling nectar:

Adrian's coloring up nicely:

And finally, S. flava rubricorpora - Near Sumatra, Liberty Co, FL - F1 from Mike:

Last edited:
Some new acquisitions!

S. 'Starry Night' x 'Hummer's Hammerhead':

S. 'Lady Bug' x flava var. rubricorpora:

S. 'Gates of Hell':

All of the new plants together:

Super cool! Seems like they're getting tons of sun from all that coloration they have. (Not just talking bout the new plants)
;)

That Royal Ruby is Quite epic. What makes that one so much more nectar covered than the others? thats awesome

can i have access to your private video please?

oh my god, i want to come rob you. totally JKJKJKJKJKJKJJ

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'm not sure why the Royal Ruby produces so much nectar... It's interesting that some of my plants such as Royal Ruby produce so much more nectar than others.

can i have access to your private video please?

Oops, not sure why it was made private. It has been changed back.

A skipper sunbathing on a stone:

P. 'Pirouette':

N. spectabilis 'Pangulubao':

N. sanguinea 'Pink' dripping nectar:

A close up of my other SG N. spectabilis:

The unidentified LL Nep:

S. leucophylla 'Red' x flava var. atropurpurea:

Last edited:
Nice plants! Love the sarr cross, both parents shine through in that one. Should be a real winner as it matures.

I have seedlings from a similar cross, lecuo red x flava atro, now I really can't wait to see what they turn out as!
Also, your mystery nep up above is mirabilis globosa, or "Viking."

Back