What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JennB

You are getting sleeeepy...very, very sleeeeepy...
I'd say all in all things are going wonderfully for my plants so I figured it was time for an update!
This little sarr is growing slooowwwwwly but seems to be doing fine so far
scaled.php

My Florida Giant sundew doesn't seem to be coming back like I'd like yet but dews hate me generally so we'll see what happens
scaled.php

I've hesitated to give an update on the capensis DJ sent me because I was afraid that any day now it was going to go downhill but miraculously it seems to be doing pretty ok!!
scaled.php

The vft seems to be happy and has put out several traps for me
scaled.php

I swear this sarr has a mind of it's own! I've clipped off 3 or 4 little flower stalks wanting the plant to put it's energies into growing nice and strong for it's first year here with me but it is just bound and determined to make a flower! Finally I just gave in and am anxiously awaiting my first sarr flower :-))
scaled.php

The star of them all for me so far has got to be the sarr that got me interested in growing cps in the first place, Dana's Delight. I LOVE this plant!!
scaled.php

My first Dana's Delight pitcher!!! I get so happy every time I see this little baby!!
scaled.php

Moving on to the indoor babies...forgive the silly butter tub it's in but I wanted to try getting the water level way up on this U. sandersonii because it's not able to make any progress for me. It doesn't seem to be in danger because it grows leaves as fast as it loses them but I'm still trying to figure out how to make this one happy.
scaled.php

And Mass, look!! That little ping that I thought for sure was a goner held on to one teensy tiny little rosette and it's now growing!! :boogie:
scaled.php

Dana looks delighted!

HOORAY!! well done..

Thanks guys, I'm pretty pleased so far myself :-D With only one sarr flower it won't be able to make seeds. Should I just enjoy the flower or try to collect pollen? I've seen a few words here and there on others collecting pollen and it sounds like a tricky business. And if the capensis is happy why won't the filiformis recover for me? The mysteries of cps :crazy: lol

Is that the scarlett belle sending up all the flowers? Nice. Let me know if the filiformis continues to do poorly and I will send you more and this time maybe try putting them in pure peat and see if that makes a difference. I don't know what is going on with the flava, should be sending up pitchers by now, but it still looks viable so give it some time. The capes look real good, seems the wind screen helped. Dana's always one of my favorites, the best show will be near the end of the season.

Good job!

Is that the scarlett belle sending up all the flowers? Nice. Let me know if the filiformis continues to do poorly and I will send you more and this time maybe try putting them in pure peat and see if that makes a difference. I don't know what is going on with the flava, should be sending up pitchers by now, but it still looks viable so give it some time. The capes look real good, seems the wind screen helped. Dana's always one of my favorites, the best show will be near the end of the season.

Good job!

Yes that is scarlett that insists on putting up a flower lol I guess she just wants to be a show-off for me so I'm just going to enjoy the flower instead of fighting it. I'm super thrilled that the capes are doing so well so far!! It gives me hope that I can figure out what sundews want from me one day. The flava is growing it's just super slow compared to the others. It's in a smaller pot so maybe it wanted a big pot too? I'll wait and see what happens as long as it's growing and not starting to die back.

Back