What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Blank Canvas

:hi5:
Catesbaei is my favorite!
These bogs are going to be addicting. I have a feeling they'll be all over my yard by this time next year.

If you'd like help realizing that goal, I can send you 200 or 300 Sarracenia seedlings! (I'm serious!)

If you'd like help realizing that goal, I can send you 200 or 300 Sarracenia seedlings! (I'm serious!)

WOW,THATS A LOT OF SARRS!!!

oh, so your thinking of a big pond, mass? i think the minnimum for koi is1000 gallons, but im not sure....planing on trying to cultivate some waterlilies or lotuses in the pond? aldrovanda? i have a couple of plants in my little half barrel pond, wish i had that much room!

All just day dreams at this point mah man.

The bog "day-dream" realized, now on to the other stuff, haha. Check out my pond cobra setup on the 1st page of my plant thread for ideas.

All just day dreams at this point mah man.

well if you decide you do want a water feature of some sort, but dont want to do a fullblown koi pond, i would reccomend starting with something small like a half barrel, or container pond, like the one i have set up. that ways, you can still have some nice aquatic plants, goldfish,etc. without having to go dig a huge hole and stuff. there are plenty of dwarf waterlillies. there are even some dwarf lotuses too! (google 'baby doll' lotus cultivar!) that would be perfect for such a pond. you are interested in trying to grow some aquatic plants right? or were you imagining this as a being a fish-only pond if you ever did actually decide to build it?

Back