What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant of the Month June 2012

thez_yo

instigator
1. Only ONE (1) Plant per member may be entered in any particular month. This means one Nep vine, one Sarr Rhizome, one pygmy dew etc.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified. (Av8tor1, I'm leaving a reminder for you still ;).)
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 06/30/12
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher, unfurling of a leaf etc. are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher/plant/whatnot cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher/plant/whatnot entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo, or sprouted from seed by the owner.
9. I didn't like this rule. You can keep entering the same thing month after month and if people still like it without getting sick of it, so be it.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 07/01/12, closing 07/05/12 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in ... can we make a sub-board here too?
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on June 30th 2012 at 5:00PM EST

Good Luck!

Sarracenia (alata Black x flava Red)
IMG_5930.jpg

I thought I would enter my S. flava var. cuprea because I managed to get some much better pictures of it
P1150232.jpg

P1150233.jpg

P1150237.jpg

P1150245.jpg

P1150247.jpg

Does anyone else have it so the ad makes the pics really small?

Nice plant! That is one DARK lid!

How's about a monster... S. 'Doreens Colossus' next to my son
fb5dc523.jpg

9914dd9a.jpg

7297b396.jpg

2da67329.jpg

0fa3cb81.jpg

283efb22.jpg

824039ec.jpg

Good Lord your boy sure is growing fast!

'Cute young'n! The S. 'Doreens Colossus' is lovely and huge. That one is on my list.

Seems to be a month for Sarrs so I'll join that crowd ...

S. flava "Kimber Red Ruffles"
SflavaKimber060912RSRot.jpg

Heliamphora elongata x ionasii
(Natural hybrid historically misidentified as H. ionasii)

IMG_4054_hf.jpg

IMG_4039_hf.jpg

IMG_4043_hf.jpg

Av

Last edited:
Half a day left gogogo post them pics! :awesome:

throwing in a ping....
pinguicula cyclosecta
7317205934_b9f26b8b3b_o.png

good luck everyone!

Back