What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Ohio (OHCPS) meeting

The Ohio Carnivorous Plant Society will be holding its second meeting at the beautiful Kingwood Center in Mansfield, Ohio on Saturday, June 30, 2012. The event flyer is reproduced below as a smaller image. To see the full-size pdf, visit the following link: http://www.ohcps.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/OHCPS-2012-meeting.pdf

Details can be found at our website, here. But briefly, we will have a show, plant sales from two vendors, and presentations from Dr. Bob McMahon (Ohio State University's ATI campus), Dr. Stephen Williams (Lebanon Valley College), Michelle Comer (Ohio Department of Natural Resources) and Regina Kettering (University of Pittsburgh) to speak on various issues of carnivorous plant cultivation, evolution, physiology, ecology, and management. We're really looking forward to this event!

Last edited:
I can actually afford that drive. But I'd feel like a poser crashing an out of state meeting.

I can actually afford that drive. But I'd feel like a poser crashing an out of state meeting.

While we are of the opinion that Ohio is great, we're not elitists ;) As of right now, we have people coming from Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. Ohio <3s out-of-staters. It's going to be a great meeting! And bring some plants to enter into the show. We'll put the show schedule up soon with the categories and guidelines. It's not going to be as big as the NECPS show, of course, but we're hopeful.

Looks fun!! Hope those who can go have a good time!

Looks fun!! Hope those who can go have a good time!

Thanks, lance. We're really looking forward to it. All preparations are nearly done and I can't wait to see how everything turns out! Cheers -

You should try to go, there's a possibility I could be there.

i could possibly go as well , note sure id want to go alone, though???

it would probably be about 6 or 7 hours for me ??

An update for everyone: We uploaded the show schedule, rules, and guidelines on our website. Pretty simple in terms of plant show guidelines. There are five judged classes, but these can be changed on the day of the meeting to ensure a balanced show.

Cheers,
Ryan

I wish I could just drive. stupid pacific ocean is in the way....
OK and the rocky mountains and a few other geographical barriers.....

Back