What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nik Wallenda, walks over the falls

• Thread starter Peatmoss
  • Start date
Tomorrow, Nik Wallenda is going to be walking over Niagara falls on a tightrope, at 8ET on CTV in Canada and ABC in the US, anyone else planning on tuning in?

I was at the falls last weekend, and I must say, it will make a very impressive setting for this stunt...

Here are a couple of shots I took when I was there:

DSC_0087-1.jpg

DSC_0003-16.jpg

DSC_0002-14.jpg

8 Pm eastern time or Am?

Wonderful pics btw.

The television coverage starts at 8PM the walk will start at 9 or 10.

Do you know what channels this will be on? Is it a Canada-only thing?

ABC is broadcasting it live...

Check what the times are in your time zones, all the times I have listed are in ET...

Oh sweet! I'll definitely watch then, if I can remember, haha. Thanks for letting us know! Should be cool to watch live. :)

Oh and BTW, he is going to wear a safety harness, as required by ABC, they would not let him walk without one. Apparently this is the first walk he has ever done without a harness...

Ugh, my TV dosen't get ABC. Well, I'll still try to figure out how to watch this. Glad he's wearing a harness!

Yeah, I would pretty much be freaking out the whole time if he wasn't, now I can just enjoy the amazing feat of acrobatics!

I think ABC will live stream it on their website... Go check!

theres gunna be a harness? so whats the point of the location? might as well have him walk a cable two feet above the ground the same length...

Niagara falls is quite pretty, and him falling would still be quite dramatic, just not as deadly... Imagine the rescue effort they would put up!

Thoroughly disappointed when I found out he was gonna wear a safety harness. At that point, I turned off the TV. 2 hours of my life wasted.

It still takes alot of bravery to cross the such hurdle, it is not like walking across with a net under you. Also he had to wear the harness or he wouldn't be allowed to cross . . .

Big deal.. I've already done that, twice!
But instead of Niagra Falls I used the garden hose.
And instead of a tightrope I used a 2 x 4.

I dont know how anyone could have watched that and *not* been amazed and utterly impressed..
safety harness or no..
it was pretty amazing!
icon-thumbsup.gif

the wife and I considered going to see it in person!
(she is a Buffalo native and grew up 10 miles from the falls, and we now live 90 minutes away)
but we decided the crowds and the traffic back-up to get out (and getting home well after midnight) would be a bit much..
so we just watched it on TV..it was very cool!
Scot

Sure, what he did was pretty amazing, but without the possibility of him falling to his death, it takes the thrill out of watching it.

Sure, what he did was pretty amazing, but without the possibility of him falling to his death, it takes the thrill out of watching it.

It didn't for me..
and probably for millions more..

Scot

and I don't buy that premise..
using that logic, football players shouldn't wear helmets or pads, and because they do, no one should watch football, because the thrill is gone.
race car drivers shouldn't wear helmets or sit inside roll cages, and because they do, no one should watch nascar, because the thrill is gone.
gymnasts shouldn't have foam pads under them on the floor, and no one should watch...etc..

its the thrill of the act itself that is thrilling..
the protection is secondary..and somewhat irrelevant..

Scot

Back