What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the pre-surgery get well gift, surgery is planned for Friday July 6

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Hi all. A box from Thez showed up on my doorstep the other day with a gift in it and a get well card signed "your TF family" When I thanked her Thez said that it was from a whole lot more folk than her but she had been chosen to mail it.:bigthumpup:

As most of you know, in July 2010 I had a two level fusion in my lower back with rods and screws inserted. Well one of the fusions never healed and two of the screws are loose.:crazy: The plan was to go in and regraft the nonfused area and then reinforce the screws plus add another rod. Well yesterday, as I moved at work I managed to rupture a disc two levels up from where the work was to be done. So now it will be a more extensive procedure than planned.:0o:

So I will be going in to the hospital either tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning, it's up to my doc, he will decide tomorrow. I will try and keep in touch when I can by phone but am leaving my laptop at home.

So I wil update this when I leave to go there and after that, see you all next week sometime.:wave:

Wishing you the best Chibae!

Good luck! You will be in all our minds!

Good luck my friend, I'll sacrifice a few extra beetles to my purpurea for ya. :)

My best wishes for you on the upcoming procedure(s) . . .

My best wishes to you, that it goes well and you heal well, and that you come out better for it. I myself had two back surgeries this last year, and ended up missing 6 months of work. Horrible year. In any case, good luck.

hope everything works out

surgery can be scary no matter what type.

Good luck, I hope everything goes as planned. :)

Good luck Chibae! Looking forward to hearing about the bionic-person-enhancements once this is taken care of!

I hope you have full success with your surgery and an easy and complete recovery. Please keep us posted when you can.

okay peeps, cut time is scheduled for 11:45AM today (July 6) and I shall return to the boards sometime early next week with a few more grafts and implants. hey i gotta find some way to get a good stiff backbone other wise all those sarrs will start bossing me around demanding imported bugs instead of domestic ones. Humm, wonder if japanese beetles would count?

good luck heal fast, and just give them German roaches

Good luck today!

It's over. Five hour surgery than two.and a half hours in recovery to

It's over. Five hour surgery than two.and a half hours in recovery to

Yay! Congrats. You made it. :)

Hope your recovery from here goes well!!!

OMG welcome back to the world! All the best for a quick and drama-free full and complete recovery!

Back