What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool whale shark poaching

• Thread starter RL7836
  • Start date
Title doesn't sound cool but watch the video - who would have figured a 'filter-feeder' would do this? What's next - Humpback & Blue Whales? :scratch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/71FLO_6JJVo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

boy that shark is a pig

:-)) I think it's hilarious...

LOL!! Probably got pissed off at the fishermen and decided to tear a hole in the net. As for what looks like its eating, I have no idea why :0o: .

I thought they only ate like... grass and stuff?

They should try to exterminate those giant fish things. :awesome:

Someone was really hungry...

Finally... the animal kingdom is adapting to hunt by our standards! :D

that was freaking amazing! thanks for sharing

That's one smart fish!

That's one smart fish!
That's what I was thinking - and I didn't think any of the shark species were supposed to have anything but below-average intelligence. Especially a filter feeder - a fish that just swims around with it's mouth open.

On a somewhat related note, there have been record numbers of Blue whales as well as Humpbacks reported over the past few weeks in Monterey Bay.

Why are the blue whales always there when I'm not?

I just noticed something. Remember the common rule that sharks die if they stop swimming? I think we still have a lot more to learn about whale sharks.

Sharks are actually proving to be a lot smarter than expected, especially great whites and bull sharks.

Would be interesting to find out if this is a one -time, one-off discovery by a single fish or if this trick has been passed along to other whale sharks. Perhaps from mother to pup...?

Back