What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICPS 2012 conference picture thread

We were close to squeeling like little fan girls. :awesome:

Ah man, I kind of wish I'd booked the night just so I could've joined in on the stalking :) . It was still awesome going around and looking at all the plants with you guys... like a TF picture thread in real life, with real-time talking instead of commentary! Hanging out with Jeremiah and hearing some of his CP wisdom was awesome too. All around an incredible experience!

Me and Stewart got on really well! Was up chatting with him, Adam Cross, Damon Collingsworth, Fernando Rividavia, Robert Gibson, Marcel from ICPS board, and Jeremiah, as well as a bunch of other great people (can't remember names... Sorry...) till way to late last night! It was incredible how nice everybody was! Just crazy!

Really, crazy, awesome!

I'm getting a job just so I can attend the next one, wherever the heck it is!

I really wish I could have stayed longer to chat. There is always the annual NECPS show if you can't afford the trip to the ICPS show.

Pfffft! It is looking like the next show is going to be in Australia.

I'll make it. Hell or high water!

Thanx for sharing all the pix. it was one of the larger diappointments in my life that I couldn't make that conference
damn car

It was great to meet everyone at the conference, and put real faces to the avatars! :)

Pfffft! It is looking like the next show is going to be in Australia.

I'll make it. Hell or high water!

I will also do my best to go to the next conference wherever it might be next time. It was definitely worth it and I hope that everyone in TF eventually attends the conference at any time in their lives. :)

The location rotates every two years between Americas (Including Canada), Asia/Pacific/Australia and Europe/Africa. Where exactly depends on who gives the best proposal that gets accepted by the ICPS. Last time in the Asia/Pacific/Australia rotation it was in Sydney, Australia and before that Tokyo, Japan.

Maybe Singapore (Cindy?) would be nice.

I was thinking Singapore would be cool as well.

The field trips could be over in Malaysia ect.

I think their are some sites in and around Singapore, I'll have to re-listen to a radio interview Cindy did. But an expedition set up with Chi'en Lee would be incredible.

I think you may have your Matt's confused Nepfreak... I'm Matt Kaelin!

A few pics of Matt Opel's (a.k.a. quogue's) awesome lowii x ventricosa!

Great looking at all the pics, cause I really didn't have a chance to take any!
Looks like my break time's over, time to get the plants settled and to get ready for the NC field trip!

That's in Borneo, correct? Awesome.

Never mind, saw the Singapore address on the bottom.

Hey guys, thanks so much for coming!! And for posting all these pics!

It was great meeting you all in person, the only regret I have is that I didn't have more time to talk to everyone. I am EXHAUSTED but at the same time so energized about all the great new ideas and new friendships that came out of the conference. It was so much work, but so worth it!!

What a great conferance! It was great to get to catch up with some of you and meet others. I do wish I had a little more time to chat with everyone (especially you Butch).

I didn't have much time to take almost any photos, I've enjoyed what I have seen so far, but I'd love to see more!

Again it was great to meet all of you.
-Jeremiah-

Same here.... one day was definitely not enough!

Hey guys, thanks so much for coming!! And for posting all these pics!

It was great meeting you all in person, the only regret I have is that I didn't have more time to talk to everyone. I am EXHAUSTED but at the same time so energized about all the great new ideas and new friendships that came out of the conference. It was so much work, but so worth it!!

I believe we should thank you for all the great work you did and organizing the conference! It was great meeting some of the TF members and you! :)

A THOUSAND BOWING SMILIPHASES FOR EMILY!!!!!!!

:hail: :hail:

Ok, typing them out on an iPad is to hard.

You people at NECPS really did an amazing job! Everything was fantastically organized, and tons and tons and tons of fun! Can't say enough good stuff about how well it was setup!

I agree with everything that Peat and jht said. You guys did an incredible job, it was one of the best times of my life! :)

The ICPS was tons of fun. Great lectures and conversations all around! Nice to meet folks as well!

Photos from the show
P8110436.jpg

P8110437.jpg

P8110438.jpg

P8110439.jpg

P8110440.jpg

P8110441.jpg

P8110442.jpg

P8110443.jpg

P8120444.jpg

Back