What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you keep your plants clean?

I have some drosera outdoors and the ants get stuck all over them. Some have ants stuck on ants. Do you guys pull off the leftovers from your plants dinner? And can sundews be overfed?

The only way my drosera stays clean is if I grow them indoors.

Yes, sundews can be overfed. No, I don't usually pull stuff off the plant, unless its some giant bug taking up space.

i put the in the dish washer , no there is no way my d regia was covered with cotton wood fiber for most of the summer, you could put them in a green house

You can pick the leftovers off. Sometimes you can spray it off also.

You can definitely over feed, your plant will get very green, then shrivel sometimes

I never pull the bugs off of mine for two good reasons. FIrst, it would take way too much time. My D. filiformis is always covered in dead bugs, so it would be pointless to keep them spotless. They don't have a gardener in nature, so I leave them be and they do fine. Second, the last time I tried this was an attempt to save a dragonfly from a mat of D. intermedia. The ungrateful jerk repaid me by biting my finger as hard as it possibly could. I leave them to die now.

All my capensis, filiformis, intermedia, and rotundifolia are outside loaded with bugs all summer and they thrive.

Back