What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

Almost all of my plants are doing quite well at this point, so I figured I would take some pics. The coin is for size comparison. It is a Canadian quarter, which is the same size as an American quarter.

My dear falconeri, doing very well, and becoming quite large with regular feeding:
DSC_0003-21.jpg

My only pigmy, D. pygmaea "green"
DSC_0004-18.jpg

Pinguicula 'crystal' from BCP:
DSC_0005-14.jpg

D. derbyensis, being an absolute charmer. Really puffy:
DSC_0006-11.jpg

D. capillaris "long arm, Belem" -This plant is a bit small because of consecutive flowerings:
DSC_0007-11.jpg

D. tokaiensis, probably my favourite of the common dews:
DSC_0008-10.jpg

D. esmeralda, one of the best rosettes ever, and so red! Dew production is not ideal because of low humidity:
DSC_0009-7.jpg

D. admirabillis, very nice species. And it stays really small!
DSC_0010-2.jpg

D. hamiltonii and a Florida form of capillaris, two of the best Drosera:
DSC_0011-6.jpg

Plant received as D. oblanceolata, but is obviously not. It is an odd one. My suspicion is D. "lantua island" but I will never know for sure...
DSC_0012-4.jpg

D. intermedia "Cuba", with some weeds (nidiformis) growing amongst:
DSC_0013-2.jpg

LOTS of D. spatulata "Hong Kong"
DSC_0014-4.jpg

Unknown form of D. spatulata which has been in my collection for two years. It is beginning to form a stem almost as high as the quarter. Very interesting looking plant, and a great grower:
DSC_0015-2.jpg

Ahh, it may not look like much, but this is the first leaf with dew, and a huge achievement for me. I've been wanting to grow SA dews for a very long time, and this success is a very good sign! Hopefully it prospers more in my care. D. camporupestris:
DSC_0016-5.jpg

B. reducta, France strain, a bit unusual looking (stripes on it are more defined than I thought they would be, but that may just be because it is a young plant), the clone is from BCP:
DSC_0017-2.jpg

A little tiny pitcher on one of the four basals growing out of my N. veitchii, unknown form:
DSC_0018-3.jpg

D. aliciae, can't remember the location data for it. It has bad dew formation because of low humidity:
DSC_0019-4.jpg

Sarracenia hybrids, which have the potential to be incredibly ugly. But they are very vigorous:
DSC_0020-3.jpg

Itty, bitty, flytraps!
DSC_0021-1.jpg

N. truncata Paisan HL, not photographed for the rather pathetic plant, but more for the incredible green stuff growing from the pot. I have no clue what it is...
DSC_0022-2.jpg

Thanks for looking, and hope you enjoyed...

~Gabriel

Last edited:
I really like the stuff growing with the truncata for some reason. Really nice looking dews.

Awesome falconeri! I really like the B. reducta too, cool color around the edges.

I love your D. esmeralda. How could you say such a thing about a pasian truncata?!?! Its like the best nep ever :ohno:

Wonderful plants overall :bigthumpup:

That sure is a nice big colony of D. Spathulata you've got there! How would the Sarracenia hybrids be ugly (are they a purp "smurf' cross)?

(are they a purp "smurf' cross)?

:-)) hey, i'll have you know, my purpurea Smurf is looking great! Someday, after you receive your first Smurf, you'll understand how awesome these weird freaks of nature truly are... Or maybe not.

Thanks everyone!

I've got five or six forms of spatulata, one of my favorite rosetted dews...

@Lance: I find the plants to be quite leggy so far, compared to all the other Sarrs I've grown... Dont know what the parents are, so my best current guess is that it will be ugly. I do plan on perhaps publishing one or giving one a clone name, even if they turn out ugly. Could be fun...

@ToG: Paisan truncata is a neat little plant, but it is a bit to small right now to catch my attention... It should be really sweet when it gets bigger... Isn't esmereldae nice?

@Drew: I believe that the colouration around the edges is probably natural, and not the result of my cultivation technique. Seems like plants in the wild have it as well.

@Wire: I know right? I have it in three of my nep pots. It has a really small root system, so I'm gonna start planting it in all my nep pots. It adds character.

Does anyone know perchance what it is?

I've found that Drosera esmeraldae likes temperatures in the mid-70 to mid 80s F. Even with constant 80-85% RH it doesn't get very dewy for me. Probably wants more light than I'm giving it.

I'm happy with the little red gem that it is. Very pretty plant. And easy as well.

My humidity is way lower than yours. I suppose I could bag it to increase humidity, and see if it likes that more...

great pics!

Back