What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your elusive plants of the year?

I just planted on on my list.....a dionaea B52....yay! Also knocked off a D. Affinnis, a D.madagascarensis that was killed but have 2 more seedlings now, a Mirabilis var. Echinostoma which has been a diva to me, not 1 but 2 N. Grabilis hybrids one with winged tendrils and a really healthy N. Coccinae which looks better than most of the pitchers I have seen. I thought I was going to get another one(a leah wilkerson) off the list but the deal fell through I guess.

anyway here are some more:

S. Leah Wilkerson
S. Night Sky
S. Adrian Slack

D. Collinsae
D. Ivan's Paddle
D. Rotundafolis Charles Darwin

N. Northaina
N. Ted Payne
N. Mirabilis Merah
N. LL Truncata
N. LL Veitchi Pink

Last edited:
N.pitopangii and N.undulatifolia for sure.

I'm still waiting on N. klossii... :glare:

N. singalana Tujuh and D. echinoblastus for me...

Always wanted a U. humboldtii, but can't ever find them for sale

i tried to get sarracenia
lynda butt
belly of blood
jersey girl
candy striper
antho free psittacina
but no luck, maybe next year

Drosera villosa, Drosera derbyensis. I think most who have them have imported from Europe.

N.pitopangii and N.undulatifolia for sure.

Been noticing lots of nepenthes species I've never heard of before (N. undulatifolia for example). Some impossibly rare ones I wish I had are mantalingajanensis (say that fast ten times), leonardoi, gantungensis, and pulchra.

put me down for N. hurreliana and N. edwardsiana.
Luckily for me though.. the year's not over yet. :awesome:

I really want to complete my collection of the petiolaris complex but I don't think it's going to be possible without another overseas order and I don't have the money for that right now. But that means I need D. derbyensis, D. kenneallyi, D. ordensis, D. darwiniensis, D. broomensis, and D. brevicornis. I also want to complete my N ampullaria collection with more varieties.

For me it would be.
-Dionaea 'Maroon Monster'
-Nepenthes gymnamphora
-Nepenthes rampispina
-Nepenthes nigra
-Nepenthes 'Budda'
-Nepenthes 'Black Sands'
-N. (ventricosa x talangensis) x merrilliana
-Utricularia calycifida

Last edited:
Nepenthes vent x lowii or lowii x vent. It's one of my favorite hybrids.

D. graom... But that should be resolved in the next few weeks...

I was able to knock off N. truncata X Trusmadiensis and Macrophylla BE off of my list but I'm still waiting on N. Edwardsiana and hopefully N. X Aristocrat.

N.villosa....can't get one to save my life it seems...ah well. :(

Giant form of D. capensis
VFT Maroon Monster
The sarracenia chimera from Jerry A. I saw in Brie's pic thread
...and of course S. Leah Wilerson and S. Adrian Slack, but not holding my breath, haha.

Edit: Okay, just looked at Wire Man's thread about Drosera cistiflora, a sundew I did not know about before. After doing a little research, I am adding D. cistiflora seed to the top of wish list.

Last edited:
Giant form of D. capensis
VFT Maroon Monster
The sarracenia chimera from Jerry A. I saw in Brie's pic thread
...and of course S. Leah Wilerson and S. Adrian Slack, but not holding my breath, haha.

scratch cape giant off your list. I gotchoo..

Just trying to butter up my lab partner for when Prof. Jerry does midterms.

Back