What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice plants Lil! Happy seeing everything is doing well, pitchers inflating everywhere it seems. ;) nice rocks too :)

Ooopsies. I forgot the baby toes for Mass, and a pretty Optunia sp. I spotted.

Your terrarium looks like a masterpiece!!! I never knew that baby's toes had quite attractive flowers; also somehow I found the snail rather cute... eventhough I usually hate snails to death:)

I really love baby toes. So cool. I've seen a couple other kinds, some with warts, I'd like to find one or two for myself.

loving the deep purple of that flower.. so cool! None of my succulents are flowering yet.

This one sure surprised me, too.

Now we're getting down to business. :D N. gracillmaalbawhateveritis snuck out a pitcher and I didn't even see it.

BEBB4E8C-B569-4F7E-A4F8-3C9196FF6F63-329-0000009616EDF970_zps93836d87.jpg

N. "Viking" couldn't hide this one; it came out a little funny. :awesome:

35BB923C-0542-4324-ABD0-03D52B723756-329-00000096739083DB_zps07b64050.jpg

Fantastic sphag shelf Lil. I kind of made that in my aquarium shelf to hang tools. lol! Very well done. :D BTW...love that M. veitchiana. :p

Thanks!

Sadly, the poor Masda. didn't make it. :cry: I'll get another once I find a pretty one.

we're gonna have to sit down and teach you how to rotate pics! my neck is killing me..

Mass, that's my stoooooooopid Photobucket app. It un-rotates some, I see them straight, and I can't tell that its giving everyone else neckaches until I log on wih the laptop. :blush: I'll fix it as soon as I do, when the DSL is working. :rant:

Moar right-side-up updates. OK, just a couple, it was like pulling hen's teeth trying to get an update through a really bad connection.

N. "Viking"

N. maxima "formerly eyemae" and Heli Iforgotagain

N. veitchii HL Hose mtns popped a double sized pitcher.

N. robcantleyii looking good.

A really blurry picture of a half-buried giant clam shrimp. I'll get a better one, if it ever slows down. A bunch of them are in a kind of stasis at seed shrimp size, this guy suddenly popped, and another just got big. I'll increase feeding.

ETA: Oh, come ooooooooooooooonnnnnn! :rant: Photobucket just flipped them all around again. Dangit! I'll try to fix it. Mass, just lay your monitor sideways. :p

If they're still sideways, clear your cache.

Let's get some real pictures in here.

N. truncata x "viking"

N. "Viking"

A size comparison between old and new pitchers on the N. veitchii HLers.

Getting ready to catch a snail....

This is NOT the true color of the new mini orchid I shouldn't have bought:

Here's the regular Phael. that I really shouldn't have bought. This is very close to the real color.

It has three (three!) spikes and even a mini-me. Cool!

Here is a slightly better shot of the giant clam shrimp. They clammed up when I leaned the camera over, figures. Those squares are 1/2".

What are giant clam shrimp?

they certainly arent giant :lol:

Actually, they're pretty danged big for clam or seed shrimp. Most are only a couple millimeters long.

Love your phals Lil, most of my plants are in the "shouldn't have bought" catagory

Thanks, Chib! :hug:

More updates! Real camera, real laptop, authentic hard-wire Photobucket upload. Mass, un-squint your eyes. :p

N. robcantleyi made a gimp leaf, I didn't expect a pitcher off of it. I guess the plant had a better idea. :lol:

IMG_1772_zps4cc9df30.jpg

The Dischidia is going bloom crazy. It's recovering from bad soil and root rot, it's currently in epiphyte mode.

IMG_1776_zpscaf9388f.jpg

N. ventricosa x densiflora is making big pitchers. These guys get DARK, chocolate dark.

IMG_1770_zpsa66de0b1.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor is making new stuff, too. New leaf, and new crown. Woot!

IMG_1775_zpsbc39bcd1.jpg

IMG_1774_zps29bde180.jpg

N. maxima (formerly eyemae) looking promising.

IMG_1773_zps5a0c1281.jpg

Saved the best for last.

N. veitchii x platychila hid a biggie from me.

IMG_1767_zps55a5b1e4.jpg

IMG_1769_zpsf85413d0.jpg

:drool: This one's gonna be goooood.

IMG_1768_zpsaf33bdd3.jpg

N. truncata x viking is looking great.

IMG_1777_zpse483f276.jpg

IMG_1780_zpsa2743dab.jpg

IMG_1778_zps70c49925.jpg

Back