What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haunted Sarracenias

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
Several of the local Masonic lodges are collaborating and putting on a Halloween party with a haunted house. A couple years ago Dory's lodge was in charge of the HH, and I stole a corner and filled it with Sarrs and the super N. ventrata. This year it's another lodge doing it, but I got asked to do the plants again. The ventrata has become a part of the GH, not to be moved, but the Sarrs and some others filled in quite nicely, I do think.

6916ABEF-A032-4F57-811F-E697DE689765-56-00000122B9F0425B.jpg

I knew that by the end of the evening every trap would be shut anyways, so I had a little fun with the flytrap. Maybe I'll funnel in some flake fish food for its troubles.

B9AED0DC-18ED-4D7B-BC29-09C82C087E89-56-00000122C4C73115.jpg

Happy Halloween, everybody!

WOW, i absolutely love that VFT with it's bone

haha.. love the eye balls everywhere and that VFT pic.

I knew that by the end of the evening every trap would be shut anyways, so I had a little fun with the flytrap. Maybe I'll funnel in some flake fish food for its troubles.

Haha! At least you reward it for putting up with our Halloween antics!

Awesome! I too, like the eyeballs all over the place! :)

hahaha I like the bone in the VFT...

Alas, I couldn't keep the leg (which was broken anyways). No matter. All the plants made it back home safe and sound.

Thanks for all the kudos!

The spooky forest background really adds to the theme of this. Very nice! :)

I like the flytrap, too. Very similar to a display idea I have, but it's going to have a Royal Red growing out of the eye socket of a beaver skull, or the skull of some other animal.

Hmmm. I have a sheep skull....

Back