What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Plants

What's sad is it's size in comparison to how long I've had it. Turns out this one likes warmer conditions rather than HL..

What's sad is it's size in comparison to how long I've had it. Turns out this one likes warmer conditions rather than HL..

That's cause it was born and raised in Hawaii ;) hahaha

I love that you put the name of the plants in the picture! Makes a lot of sense.

I love that you put the name of the plants in the picture! Makes a lot of sense.

Thanks :) Its a little more effort than just a copyright when processing them but I think its worth it.

I actually came up with the idea because one day I was looking at some really old pics of my small nepenthes. They really have nothing to distinguish what hybrid they are and I only took a shot of the pitcher instead of the whole plant with tag, so I couldn't tell what they were! Still don't know.

So, I do it for my sanity ;)

That's cause it was born and raised in Hawaii ;) hahaha

I know.. I know..
I went through a phase where I thought everything could adapt to HL conditions.
Turns out you can take the plant out of Hawaii, but you can't take the Hawaii out of the plant.

I know.. I know..
I went through a phase where I thought everything could adapt to HL conditions.
Turns out you can take the plant out of Hawaii, but you can't take the Hawaii out of the plant.

Its ok, I'm currently in a phase where I think everything can adapt to LL conditions ;)

As promised, here is the N. kampotiana(?) x (khasiana x alata)

And since I was out there anyway here are a few more pics

Newest truncata pitcher looks like its going to be a good one. The wings are so pronounced.

Last edited:
Spent the last two weekends building new shelves for the shade house since the little plastic ones just weren't cutting it anymore. :-D Ahhhh so much more space!!!!

Before

After

Now I just need to redo the sprinklers and paint the gray shelves brown to match the others and it'll be complete.
I think I'll wait until next weekend though! I'm tired and sore! lol :sleepy:

Gorgeous looking shelves!

That's really interesting, the three other plants of that hybrid that I have seen look nothing like that. Yours is much skinnier but it does have the red midvein like mine.

Yes, yours does look quite different from this one! But I thought it might what with the kampotiana being suspect.
Ive seen the 'Princess Bublegum' before and loved it! Perfect name for it I think. I never really noticed until now what made the hybrid.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Gorgeous looking shelves!

Thanks Ambanja :)

Are you going to go to the Hilo Orchid Show coming up? I don't know if ill be able to make it, but I'm hoping to.

Wow, the shelves make that area look nicer nad neater. Also, that's one nepthe-heaven.

Thanks Ambanja :)
Are you going to go to the Hilo Orchid Show coming up? I don't know if ill be able to make it, but I'm hoping to.

Yeah, I'm planning on being there for at least Saturday, possibly more.

Awesome shade house.. Wish I could get away with something like that here.

Everything is looking great Michelle!! I love the shelves; they make a huge difference in the space.....

Thanks everyone :)

Not a big update this week, but I thought I'd share some good news from the shade house today.....

This guy put out a new leaf and looks like it'll make it. Yay! :boogie:
I was a little worried when it arrived because it had a bad trip to Hawaii (going over the Pacific three times due to the Ag department here not doing their job) and was beat up in travel also (squished box). But it looks like its going to pull through. Can't wait until I get my first pitcher!

I also had a cutting that looked like it wasn't going to make it and to my surprise a new growth point under the sphagnum just popped out. Wohoo!

My spectabilis x aristolochioides is putting out a pitcher already. I can't believe how fast its growing considering its been so hot here!

Waiting impatiently for this one to open :)

I had to post another picture since I'm thoroughly impressed by this hybrid! I don't think any of my pitchers last this long and stay such a nice color.

First pitcher in my care from N. spathulata x robcantleyi. Its such a lime green color it almost looks fake! I think I might move it out from under the big Miranda so it can get more sun.

And just a pretty colored one sitting there asking for me to take its picture :)

Can't wait to see that whisper open either! On of my favs! Not looking for it now, but when I was I found it impossible to find.

Can't wait to see that whisper open either! On of my favs! Not looking for it now, but when I was I found it impossible to find.

I know, I feel pretty lucky to get one :)
Did you ever get one for yourself or did you give it up?

*Sighs* It looks like the end for the N. ventricosa x ephippiata cutting now that it has the Nepenthes Black Death of No Return :( :cry:
I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes...
922F5043-FE0C-4572-97E4-873BD7A235C9-18963-00001CA4B15A1149_zps77cbea95.jpg

Back