What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acres of sphagnum in my back woods

Lot of species? I saw at least 3 types that looked somewhat distinct. In some other areas nearby here I've seen a different kind growing on straight rock walls that had water dripping down them all summer.

Tradewise? I don't have any specific plant I want really bad, so anything could be interesting depending on how much sphagnum you would need. I can't be tearing up huge amounts of it or anything, but a little bit here and there is doable if only a few people ask. I don't know how fast the stuff is growing either since I've only known about it for less than a year. It might be growing slower than normal for all I know since it's in the woods.

Lot of species? I saw at least 3 types that looked somewhat distinct. In some other areas nearby here I've seen a different kind growing on straight rock walls that had water dripping down them all summer.

Tradewise? I don't have any specific plant I want really bad, so anything could be interesting depending on how much sphagnum you would need. I can't be tearing up huge amounts of it or anything, but a little bit here and there is doable if only a few people ask. I don't know how fast the stuff is growing either since I've only known about it for less than a year. It might be growing slower than normal for all I know since it's in the woods.

Looking for neps? I have two ventrata basals I need to trade off, they're pretty small though. :p

About 45 species, many of which are really rare.

Oh wow, lol. Do you have a species guide for them?

Sorry pineapple, I already have a good sized ventrata.

Wow I have pretty much identical woods behind my house too. I found a decent amount of sphagnum but no cps.

I'll type up the species list later today. If I can get a decent compound microscope I could ID some for you if you sent samples.

If you tell me what to look for, I have access to microscopes at my university and can take pictures through them if I have to. Otherwise I could probably send a few heads each of the ones that look like different species.

Back