What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uphwiz " Picture thread December 2012 "

uphwiz

jimmy
IMG_1157.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1173.jpg
IMG_1176.jpg
IMG_1181.jpg
miranda did not like my side porch this summer it is recovering now and is about to bloom:-D.
IMG_1154.jpg

How do you know its about to bloom? Is there a flower inside that leaf?

oh well not a bloom after all, boo hoo darn LOL. ive seen leaves like this before and they turned out to be blooms spikes , the wrinkled edges along the opening side of the leaf is what i thought was the beginnings of the bloom inside oops . not this time.:blush:
well at least miranda is recovering.

IMG_1196.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1202.jpg
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1197.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg
IMG_1222.jpg
IMG_1227-1.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg

Lovely!

beautiful pics and plants Jimmy :)

very nice Jimmy. great looking nepenthes and also great growing the tomentosa. i've had a hard time with that plant, quite possibly because they do not ship well overseas... either that, or im terrible at acclimating TC plants. probably both. ;)

Thanks for sharing! love the pics

tuberous dew . any know this one ?
IMG_1353.jpg
carbarup , this has to be the slowest pygmy dew ive grown its way behind all the others , and i started them all at about the same time
IMG_1360.jpg
broad leaf capensis.
IMG_1359.jpg
nidiformis
IMG_1357.jpg
mass es cape spath cross.
IMG_1356.jpg
IMG_1350.jpg

Is that the tuberous dew from me? If so its D. hookeriana, if not, I have no idea :jester: the binata T-forms look good though

Looks like it's in the petlata complex, but past that, ? And by the way, it's just hookeri. hookeriana is a Nepenthes hybrid.

my best guess on the tuberous dew is D. peltata. It will start out as a rosette, then begin to stalk as it ages.

glad to see those hookeri made it! great growing Jimmy!

or hookeri, previously known as D. peltata var. foliosa.
I was close..

if you look back to the top of this thread you can see how gypsicola has burst into growth this month.
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1387.jpg
IMG_1377.jpg

Back