What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morning swamp walkabout

I found me some swamp!!

I will add the pics to the thread later (probably when I get home, dont want to spend that much time online while here :nono: )
So for now.... just click on the link to access folder

Some SW Florida swamp eye candy

http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/swamp_pics/

Wished I'd taken something besides my point and click....

Av

fixed :p (and nice Av!)

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

Everything is so green! Great pics Av, thanks for sharing.

Crystal

Nice shots. I love the tillandsias, anhinga and, strangler fig. I miss the Florida swamps.

is that a brown recluse , or did cthullu138 already identify it as strangler fig, < ( whats strangler fig ) if not.
very nice point and shoot by the way , you have a great eye.:pics:

Nice av i am liking the tillies and turtle and i guess you were lucky with the lizard he looks rapido

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Some nice shots there. Thanks for sharing your walkabout.[/FONT] :)

is that a brown recluse , or did cthullu138 already identify it as strangler fig, < ( whats strangler fig ) if not.

No that spider is not a brown recluse.

"Strangler fig" is a term for a couple types of Ficus trees. Typical life cycle: The seed sprouts in a crevice or crotch of a tree and at this stage is particially parasitic. As the seedling grows it sends adventicious roots down along the bark of the host tree to the ground where they root. As the plant grows, more and more roots envelope the host tree. Eventually the roots strangle the host.

Christmas_Smiley_Wallpaper_1280x960_wallpaperhere-1.jpg

Nice,thanks for sharing!

Huntsman spider? Banana or cane spider here in Hawaii.

Thanks for the kind words, what a magical place.
Wish I had taken a better camera and lens...
If you go, take the best zoom and wide angle in your camera bag!!!!!

If you are ever in the area, visit Audubon Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.... cost 12 bucks, but wow is it worth it.
Plan on at least 3 hours to walk and enjoy the main trail....

Most of the time I had the trail to myself... well me and some bear that left a fresh pile or two in my path.

Zu, thank you for the roadside assistance :)

I want some tillies now LOL

As one pro photographer says: "Your best camera is the one you have with you".

and there is also the old adage "A bad workman blames his tools".

For fun go to the DigitalRev TV channel on YouTube and watch their "Cheap Camera - Pro Photographer" challenge series videos. They give working pro-photographers cheap point and shoot cameras (like the Lego toy camera) to work with and an assignment. Very entertaining and enlightening. Proving that the most important piece of equipment is behind the camera. Note the language in these videos is often not age appropriate - parental supervision is advised.

Hangs head in shame....

I was very happy I had me little pocket Canon with me, no pics would have been truly terrible :)

Big arse L series tele would have been nice though :D

Back