What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climbing Mt. Trus Madi 30min Video

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing what the climb to the summit of Mt Trus Madi looks like. It is a little shaky but definitely gives you the feel. Filming was not my main priority but I though it would be neat to have.

The video is a little over 30 minutes long and if you have the bandwidth for it up to 1080p.

On a side note a few a the pitchers we might have called Nepenthes trusmadiensis in the video may just be variation in N. macrophylla.

Here is what I would probably could consider 50% N. lowii and 50% N. macrophylla
108-1-DSC_6419.JPG

The other plants may be just species variation or back crossed hybrids with N. macrophylla.

Now for the climb, this was the easy part.

Thanks,
-Jeremiah-

Incredible video, just watched it from start to finish. I'm surprised that there were so few trusmadiensis, or even any tentac hybrids.. they seemed to look like they are growing very close to each other. Did you manage to get any videos of the other mountains? Thanks again for posting this :)

Awesome video! LOL, I was out of breath by the time you reached the summit. Thank you for sharing this.

very cool!

Oh man....I hope I can see that in person someday.

Wow your threads are too good.

This video was like Planet Earth meets the Blare Witch Project - in a good way. Everything was so colorful and lush, just awe inspiring. I need to go there... someday soon.

A little surprised after watching the video I feel like more now than ever I am confused on how N. x trusmadiensis is differentiated from N. macrophylla. Also that would have been amazing to find N. tentaculata x macrophylla, or N. tentaculata x lowii!

What a treat J. Thanks for taking time to upload this massive file. This video was magnificent and some of the shots as you look out and just see clouds was eerie. Definitely doing a SE asia trip in 2013.

Did you take any temperature reading by chance?

Thanks guys,

Luca, I did get some other footage but Mt. Trus Madi was the only Mountain I did the Blare Witch style filming. Stew thought he might use some of the footage for a documentary. Anything he does not use I'll upload to youtube but it might be a few months before I know.

I did not get a chance to take any temperature readings but Mt. Trus Madi was by far the coldest when we were climbing.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Thanks so much for the video! I watched the whole thing; amazing :) I've never seen a video like it before.

Simply amazing! Thanks for the trek! That sure looks like some squishy jungle.
I didn't catch wheather you had to watch for any dangerous critters?

Thank you Jeremiah for posting the video!It was amazing to see all the plants and letting me see a place that I probably will never see in person.

did anybody else get the "kid in the candy store" mentality while watching the video? :laaa:

Amazing video, you've got a very good narrating voice! Planning on going there myself next year, can't wait!

did anybody else get the "kid in the candy store" mentality while watching the video? :laaa:

I did.

I was just amazed at how spectacular that mountain looked. Pristine un touched, un controlled nature.... just loved every bit of it....I even loved a number of other sympatric species of plants....the ferns, the palm and the moss...OMG the moss. Damn!! Also...I was amazed at how clean...how green and beautiful the foliage was....the sign of old dead pitchers probably decades old still hanging from the plant.... just astounding. Natural beauty indeed.....beauty in the placement, arrangement and entropy with purpose for each species taking advantage of their position on the terrain. Absolutely impeccable.

I would love to see more Jeremiah. I hope you have such long footage of all the peaks you climbed...its just an amazing scientific record to even compare one nepenthes habitat to the other. :)

Wow, what a stunning video! Really makes me want to go on a trip like this...

Back