What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower Stalk? Utric? What Is This?

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
i44oox.jpg

It is on a little brown stalk going up from the pot... Not from a drosera or anything, just out of the pot I think. It is near drosera, the entire pot is covered in drosera. It doesn't look like a utric to me... What is it?

There are two, but one got bent. They are brown.

Yeah, that really looks like a drosera flowerstalk to me..

Old, dried dew stalk.

What do I do with it? Are there seeds in there?

LOL! Yes, you can look for seeds. Don't expect any, and don't bother trying to put a label on them, but congratulations on an apparently successful ninja flowering.

I smashed the pods with my fingers and some seeds fell out. They're D. spatulata or D. aliciae... I think I found them coming from under an aliciae but not for sure. I got maybe 40 seeds. I know they are drosera seeds because I sowed some a few weeks back of D. spatulata. Wrapped them in a wet paper towel like I would do for strat and then I stuck them in a plastic bag and put them in the GH so they can be warmish and get some light. How long does it usually take them to germinate? If I have a time range, I'll open the bag towards the end of the time range and sow them on some medium. I just didn't want to create a medium mix for another pot yet. :p

About a month for subtropicals.

About a month for subtropicals.

Okay, thanks! I'll open it up in 6 weeks to give it a bit of extra time since it was an old stalk. :)

Back