What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looks like my order arrived early

I decided to break down and actually invest something recently and placed an order with ********. For the most part I am impressed moreso with the drosera. I ordered a d. x watari and the plant not only arrived in vgc but little did i know they are potted, still dewing but seems to be some extra's as well which consist of 2 binata varities, either an extra watari but looks more like a red cape actually and an unknown variety of ultrica which I hope blooms so I can identify it. Only negative thing to say is the sphagnum.....i really HATE IT when drosera or smaller cp's with root systems come in that stuff bc 1. most likely I will put the plant in another pot and more importantly 2. it really makes separating the plant a task without seriously injuring it.

That being said the pot/arrangement does look nice.

I also rcd a spotted pink veitchi with a striped golden peristome which has been grown/acclimated in lowland conditions but I am letting the plant that/warm up before taking a pic but it is forthcoming. It is a larger specimen than I anticipated and will REALLY motivate me to enlarge my grow chamber .

my overall opinion....for the drosera i felt I got more than what I paid for and for the nepenthes....eh about breaking even maybe a little more considering the care involved in growing/shipping them....that being said the sundew wasn't cheap and the nepenthes was priced fairly I believe.

102_0348_zps61132cc2.jpg

here is the veitchii. not a great pic but I didn't want to mess with the plant much either maybe is a few days or so I will make another effort. I talked with someone on the phone and they said they would make sure to get me one that showed some good striping so judging from what I see I think I will be happy with it when it gets older.

102_0350_zps9990aa65.jpg

Back