What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

found new vid on hole cutting in glass

uphwiz

jimmy
cant wait to build my nest terrarium i should be able to do this to make a much larger hole for ventilation.

I still don't totally understand all of what happened, but it was awesome nonetheless. Good luck and be safe!

When are you going to start making terrariums for the masses? I am in love with the terrarium that you posted a while back.
Travis

i would consider building for the right trade?
and something not to to large 4 foot by two foot by 3 feet high max.
you can find the entire thread on custom build in my threads started from my home page if you like.
you can do it too.

Nice video find!

Cutting glass is certainly an expensive and nerve wracking task to learn but I'm glad I learned how to do it. I haven't ever tried round holes yet though, but then I also haven't located a place to buy the round hole glass cutter either.

hahaha, I don't have the steady hand of a craftsman, i have the shaking hands of a caffeine addict. you should have seen the glass cutting fiasco when i tried to cut glass for the top of my current terrarium. ended up having to use plexi that ended up warping and now doesnt close
Travis

Nice video find!

Cutting glass is certainly an expensive and nerve wracking task to learn but I'm glad I learned how to do it. I haven't ever tried round holes yet though, but then I also haven't located a place to buy the round hole glass cutter either.

i found one like in the video, but it was pretty pricy , im going to look at harbor freight and tools they sometimes have pretty good prices on specialty tools , and the quality is also usuall quite good.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-16-Glass-Circle-Hole-Cutter-/190566510021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5ea62dc5

I bought a glass cutting blade for my tile wetsaw and thought, this oughta be a breeze. It will cut glass, but it is pretty rough. Got some carbide nibblers for smallish glass tiles, that works well, but almost never gives a straight cut. I have never mastered the score and snap thing. Cool vid, I never would have thought there were so many necessary steps. For building a speaker box I made a cutting guide to mount to my router, a bit similar to the one shown here. Worked like a champ.

Back