What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got new glass?

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Oh my Av! That pic is just as pretty as the lens itself. Very nicely done!!

My turn finally. I had ordered a Canon 28-135mm for my birthday. The filter ring was badly damaged so I had to send it back. I have the absolute worst luck when it comes to modern lenses (new and refurb). Just got the replacement in yesterday. It also rains without fail every time I get a lens in, so I finally got to check it out today :).

This one is straight out of the camera. No editing other than resizing. The rest are edited.
IMG_5803.jpg

<a href="http://crystalscarnivores.com/photos/1.10.13%20Canon%2028-135/IMG_5803.jpg">Full size</a>

IMG_5802.jpg

<a href="http://crystalscarnivores.com/photos/1.10.13%20Canon%2028-135/IMG_5802.jpg">Full size</a>

IMG_5800.jpg

<a href="http://crystalscarnivores.com/photos/1.10.13%20Canon%2028-135/IMG_5800.jpg">Full size</a>

IMG_5825.jpg

<a href="http://crystalscarnivores.com/photos/1.10.13%20Canon%2028-135/IMG_5825.jpg">Full size</a>

IMG_5851.jpg

<a href="http://crystalscarnivores.com/photos/1.10.13%20Canon%2028-135/IMG_5851.jpg">Full size</a>

IMG_5849.jpg

<a href="http://crystalscarnivores.com/photos/1.10.13%20Canon%2028-135/IMG_5849.jpg">Full size</a>

I'm very happy with this lens. Sure it's not Canon "L" quality, but I'd say it's close enough. Certainly a keeper for sure.

Crystal

I like the B&W stream photo. I've now go a hankering for some monochrome snapping :)

I really enjoyed the electabuzz.

Great pictures guys...I've really got to invest in a nice camera soon!

Very Nice Crissy.... a good buy for sure, and just what you had been looking for :)

Definitely a keeper, love the Creek pic as well, nice composition.
The bokeh in the last pic is very nice indeed.

Oh my Av! That pic is just as pretty as the lens itself. Very nicely done!!

My turn finally. I had ordered a Canon 28-135mm for my birthday. The filter ring was badly damaged so I had to send it back. I have the absolute worst luck when it comes to modern lenses (new and refurb). Just got the replacement in yesterday. It also rains without fail every time I get a lens in, so I finally got to check it out today :).

Crystal

Excellent pics. Can i request that when you next buy a new lens you come to Maui. We have officially been placed on the drought list by the USDA.... Need some rain :)

Thanks everyone! :) I'm very pleased with it.

Mach, I've always wanted to visit HI. Guess what? It's still raining....I think this is a record for a new lens LOL.

Another lens pic!

This one had a small amount of vibrancy added, very small amount of sharpening, some cropping, clone stamp to get rid of dust, etc. . .

8373289845_58e5d711f7_c.jpg

Full
Original picture

This was taken with the Zeiss 100mm, of course.

oh my... that's a purdy pic

Thanks. I had to take so many pictures to get this one that was focused well on the "Tokina" and was clear.

Also, I kind of copied your idea with the reflection underneath. :blush: Hope that's okay, lol.

Edit: Ohhh, neat. Thanks for the link.

LOL, yes of course its ok.... I didnt invent it :p

It does add a nice effect and you can change the color underneath the glass for whatever application.
A variant of the same idea is to add lighting under the glass

very nicely done, i noticed the sharpness of the tokina
Id like to see that same pic with you stepping down the aperture, longer exposure and use a tripod... :)

Last edited:
LOL, yes of course its ok.... I didnt invent it :p

It does add a nice effect and you can change the color underneath the glass for whatever application.
A variant of the same idea is to add lighting under the glass

very nicely done, i noticed the sharpness of the tokina
Id like to see that same pic with you stepping down the aperture, longer exposure and use a tripod... :)

As requested, sir:
8377685760_2dc6831cc5_c.jpg

Full (dng)
Original (jpg)

This one also had a lot of dust, but I was too lazy to get rid of it. It would also have been to a little too tricky I think, since most of the stuff is in focus.

I don't like this one quite as much because the background is not as nice and I didn't get the angle quite right.

Exif info

the lens doesnt look real, looks like computer generated LOL, wow...

what was the numbers on that one? (iso, f/stop, exposure) its making my exif viewer hiccup and I cant see LOL

that double bokeh is unique.... its growing on me LOL, I keep closing one eye and seeing if it is still there hehehehehe (teasing ya)

very cool Dev

Wow Devon I love that pic with the leaf... It captures the leaf really well :)

the lens pic blow me away.... at full res its even more impressive
You did well Dev, Zeiss is strutting its stuff

I want a planar T* lol

You know that S-M-C Tak that I showed you on ebay, well I submitted a low ball offer, never dreaming they would accept.... guess what?

Yeah, just what I need ANOTHER 50mm 1.4 LOL
sheesh.....

Oh well, guess everyone needs at least one radioactive lens LOL

Thanks Biozest and Av!

Lololol. I bet if you sold some of your 50mm's you could get a planar. ;D Hahaha.

Wow, I'm loving that lens photo Dev. Very well done!

I had a chance to get out yesterday and get a few more shots with the Canon 28-135. There's not much to take photos of this time of year. Please forgive the uninteresting subjects.

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5863-2.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg

Thats going to be a great "walking around" lens Crissy...
the plow looks very sharp :)

Av adds it to the lens want list LOL
:p

youre a bad influence on my bank account :)

Back