What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got new glass?

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
I don't like this one quite as much because the background is not as nice and I didn't get the angle quite right.
Ditto. For some reason, the added verticality (is that a word?) adds another dimension to the pic that I find also adds interest.

Either way - interesting / excellent compositions.

Played around with the Canon 28-135 again today. Ended up with these:

IMG_5925.jpg

IMG_5937-2.jpg

The creek is high from all the rain we've had this past week.

ahh cool, I see someone has been playing with their tripod
Love the effect of the longer exposure on the flowing water, gives it more of a sense of motion.

nicely done crissy
Av

I just acquired a Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 lens. All exposure modes are supported on my Pentax DSLR as well as matrix metering and P-TTL flash. Everything except auto-focus. Although I would have liked a f/1.4 I decided paying at any where from $60 to $400 more for 1/2 a stop of speed wasn't worth it. If I needed 1/2 a stop more just change the ISO. It's not like the film era where I would have to push/pull the processing to manipulate the ISO.

Just a walk around the block for some quick snaps (uncropped, no post processing unless noted):
Slightly out of focus
IMGP2429.jpg

IMGP2430.jpg

I tweaked the levels slightly to reduce the minor blowout in the background
IMGP2420copy.jpg

Shot in shade, you can see the tongue doing the Chuck Jones road runner thing.:
IMGP2418.jpg

It's nice to be able to shoot at ISO 100. I miss Kodachrome 25.

Edit: some quick and dirt post processing, cropping, white balance, levels
IMGP2418acopy.jpg

Last edited:
Really like the in-flight pics. :hail:

Is that definitely the tongue in the H-bird pic? Given the time of year, it seems that it could be nest-building material ...

Yeah, could be nesting material too. Hard to see what was going on through the viewfinder. It was feeding from the flower in the foreground when I first came upon it, then to flowers in the background (not visible).

ohhh very nice score on the Pentax-A warren :)
nice glass and sweet pics!

Beautiful pictures!

I haven't been up to much photography for a little while because of exams, but here is one I snapped of my friend's cat. The iso was very high (I think 3200) and I dodged a lot of shadows under his eyes and such. I also cropped it, sharpened it a very small amount, and increased the exposure a touch!
8412040041_7b2978d110_c.jpg

Love those shots Warren! Especially the hummingbird.

@Devon, that cat has the "The thermometer goes THERE?" look on his face... :awesome:

The cat is classic and nicely played Peat!

I got a new lens (To me).... a 1971 vintage "Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4"
Not bad for a 42 yr old lens ey :)

I didnt see any hummingbirds nor bees, pouts....

Love it!

You really should get the gate fixed, Butch ;)

LOL, that is a 30ish yr old example of my father's handy work...

He had a certain style that is unmistakable :)

Lovely photo Av. I really like the composition.

More cat pictures. :p

They're not as sharp when blown up all of the way because the shutter speed was slightly too low (Was working with low light), but I am otherwise happy with these pics.
8427842151_67d5fbc8a1_c.jpg

8428914602_6053d335fc_c.jpg

Aw cute kitty!

Took the Canon 28-135mm out the other day. I went to the WNC Nature Center. I'm really impressed at how well it performed considering I was shooting through fence wire and glass.

Otter
IMG_6483_zpse85e6fa5.jpg

Otter 2
IMG_6445_zpsf161ca7b.jpg

Bob cat, gotta love how zoo animals never look at you
IMG_6457_zps75ba9d9e.jpg

Cougar
IMG_6460_zps7bcce846.jpg

Gray wolf
IMG_6461_zps012bdcbe.jpg

Gray wolf 2
IMG_6476_zps31cbdc3c.jpg