What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No CP societies in Florida anymore?

Hi all,

I just moved to Florida not long ago and was looking online to see if there were any carnivorous plant societies. It appears as if there were two at some point, but neither are active. Does anyone know if they no longer exist, or are just not maintaining websites anymore?

I finally have a job that leaves some free time to be able to go to things like that, but it looks like growing CPs is not so popular down here! ???

Is definitely not popular down here. unfortunately :(

Don't see why not, pretty good climate for tropical species.

Myself and lil hokie have started the Carolina Carnivorous Plant Society(CCPS) and we are hoping to become the main carnivorous plant society for the southeastern US. So far we are just a facebook group but we have plans and hopes to soon have a website as well as to become a full fledged non profit. Here's a link. Feel free to join :D https://www.facebook.com/groups/carolinacpsociety/

I could join that! Sweet.

That sounds great! I joined!

Don't see why not, pretty good climate for tropical species.

Really, that's what I found most surprising about there not being one.

Myself and lil hokie have started the Carolina Carnivorous Plant Society(CCPS) and we are hoping to become the main carnivorous plant society for the southeastern US. So far we are just a facebook group but we have plans and hopes to soon have a website as well as to become a full fledged non profit. Here's a link. Feel free to join :D https://www.facebook.com/groups/carolinacpsociety/

Awesome, good luck that's quite a large undertaking! I may live a little too far south to show up to any meetings though, (unless you all are in southern South Carolina.) Do you have to join the FB group to see anything about it?

Edit: NVM, found the join button, don't really use facebook all that much.

Back