What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CCPS Meetings, Announcements, and General Happenings

This is going to be the main thread for all things surrounding the Carolina Carnivorous Plant Society. THE up and coming carnivorous plant society of the Southeastern United States.

Board Meetings (for board members only) are every Tuesday night at 6:30pm EST via our skype account: carolinacarnivorousplantsociety but at 7:30 the meeting becomes open to anyone and will be a general discussion about Carnivorous Plants and pretty much anything that comes up.

To stay up to date on everything CCPS please join our email list by sending us a message at carolinaCPsociety@gmail.com
Also join our facebook group which can be found here: CCPS

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited:
Didn't get there till 730 and then no reply. Add request sent though.

That is a shame but next week that will mean you are right on time!

I was so excited I just logged in and tried to join Lol no society around here I know of. I'm down in Aiken Sc

South Carolina is an area we cover! We left out the North in North Carolina for a reason. The group is open especially to anyone in the Southeast. We have a few members on the Facebook page from SC so you are more than welcome.

This is all very cool. I wish you at the CCPS total success!

Thanks Mark! I am pretty excited about it!

Remember Tuesday is CCPS Meeting Day!! Join us after the board meeting, at 7:30pm (EST) on Skype. Talk to you then! (Our account name: carolinacarnivorousplantsociety)

Hey everyone! We have lots of cool news! And instead of posting it all here we'll just give you a link to our newly launched website! Go check it out, there's a lot of cool info about us and what our plans for the future are.

http://www.carolinacpsociety.org

For everyone that won items in the auction please refrain from sending money via paypal until you are contacted via pm or email. Thank you!

Hello everyone! The CCPS is having another meeting, our first of the year, and this may be short notice for a lot of you (so very sorry about that). The meeting is taking place May 24-27, 2013 in the Havelock/Newbern/Beaufort/Atlantic Beach, NC, area where we will be touring! For more information on the meetup or to RSVP please email us at: carolinacpsociety@gmail.com.

Thank you!
Heather

It's about time to update this thread! So the CCPS had our Fall meetup. This time it was at the UNC-Charlotte McMillan Greenhouses in Charlotte, NC. We had a good showing of about 10 members. We had a great plant swap and talk with Dr. Larry Mellichamp, creator of the Bug Series Sarracenia. After a quick lunch we continued on to a local CPer's collection, David Crump, he was a very interesting fellow who has been growing Sarracenia for a few decades now. He was very generous and sold us some of his personal hybrid creations such as 'Bog Witch', 'Yellow Jacket' and some NC location data S. flava and S. purpurea, legally obtained of course! After David's place the meetup was technically over but myself, Graham, and Ian continued on to Atlanta for a visit to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens!

Everyone gathered around David's personal collection by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Lots of Sarracenia! by mcmcnair, on Flickr

S. x'Yellow Jacket' by mcmcnair, on Flickr

S. x'Bog Witch' by mcmcnair, on Flickr

S. x'Bog Witch' by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Untitled by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Larry and Jimmy by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Grahama looking very pleased with himself by mcmcnair, on Flickr

S. x'Yellow Jacket' by mcmcnair, on Flickr

D. aliciae by mcmcnair, on Flickr

David Crump by mcmcnair, on Flickr

The sales benches by mcmcnair, on Flickr

S. x'Starry Night' by mcmcnair, on Flickr

S. x'Ritchie Bell' by mcmcnair, on Flickr

S. x'Dixie Lace' by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Jimmy's Haul by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Walter's Haul by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Grahama's Haul by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Now off to ABG!

Glass Frog ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. ? by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. albomarginata ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. albomarginata Purple ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. burbidgeae ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. clipeata ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. edwardsiana ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. fusca ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. gymnamphora ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. inermis ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. izumiae ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. lowii ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. northiana x veitchii ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. rafflesiana ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr
My personal favorite! A Variegated N. veitchii!

N. veitchii Variegated ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

N. xBriggsiana ABG by mcmcnair, on Flickr

Hope you all enjoyed! and I hope to see more of you at our next meetup!

Too many nep pictures!

The fusca was gorgeous! No orchid photos?

Enjoyed these photos. Thanks Mcmcnair.

Back