What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I find the strangest things in the trash.......

• Thread starter Cthulhu138
  • Start date
Yeah....... I'd never knowingly rescue a starling. Forget about pigeons, starlings are the true "rats with wings". Dumpster vermin.

I still like starlings more than pigeons. Starlings are beautiful birds. But yeah, they cause havoc

Classical conditioning... It will associate the food with a human and when released into the wild it will enjoy being around humans and will expect food from them. It may still be self sufficient, but it will be comfortable around humans which isn't a natural thing. That's why they have signs in some places that say not to feed the birds.

IIRC, keeping a migratory bird is a violation of the "Migratory Bird Act" and as such, is a felony.

I also agree with Johnny on his point, he's not keeping it for long enough or feeding it regularly enough that operant conditioning to take place.

The bird was 110% better when I got home a little while ago so......with renewed vigor and a belly full of earth worms I released it into the reservation down the street from my house. I see other woodcock in this area every time I go out there so, I felt that the habitat was a suitable one for release. It took off too fast to get any pics but I'm sure that it will now be fine.

Rock on, Johnny!!!

Back