What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shortbus' Photo Thread

looking good ,nice colour on the ping:bigthumpup:

That is a large Venus flytrap, although it looks kind of ragged. Is it a particular cultivar? And I like the mini-habitat with Utricularia, Drosera, and Pinguicula.

Is that ping a "Pirouette"?

@corky: Many Thanks!

@Tanukimo: The VFT is definitly not typical, but I don't know more than that. It was a bonus "fancy variety" VFT for doing an order with a vendor. Big mouth or something of the like. All I know for sure is that each trap has been bigger than the last so maybe it will get just a bit bigger me hopes!

@rcl27: I have it listed as a NoID ping I got from a trade this year and promptly lost the label for, but yes I am very sure it was 'Pirouette' now that you mention it! Thank you for reminding me!

Time for a 5 min. photo session. A room with a view.

The tree in the above pic on the right is only known to me as Lakeview Jasmine. It's real happy to be outside again!

I'm a big fan of fragrant flowers and I also keep a Lemon Variegata and a Meyer Lemon.

These poor Sarracenea almost had to find new homes if I hadn't lucked out and found this sunny spot.

My sundews and Butterworts are waiting for their grow rack back. I'm a little worried about a few getting fried. I need to make a new bog pot for outdoors where I can relocate some of these temperate sundews together and out of my tropical planters.

Cephalotus may not mind a few days in the sun though.

Not quite sure on the bladderworts what wants sun and what don't so I'll keep them and this cute pot of D. adelae indoors.

looking real nice, short. Your collection has grown quite a lot, loving the sarr bog in a pot you got there.

Thanks a lot TOG! Haven't seen you around much, good to see you again.
This isn't much better but closer.

Last edited:
whaddya got in there? it looks like purp and something else??

It's way over crowded. Everything wintered in the fridge which makes it a bit of a guessing game since I lost two this spring. But there may be: S. purpurea ssp. venosa, Readii-gulf coast, Red Bug, leucophylla Tarnok (I think it was tarnok that died this spring), and a tiny Judith Hindle

Oh, and a new one I got this spring from a trade that looks like it will be a good one. It was NoID but I see purp and flava in the heritage just by the first light starved pitcher. It's to the left of the purp in the good pic in post 86

U. cornigera! lucky! Post pics if it flowers. Nice collection!

Since I shoved all my plants outside with no time to acclimate into a full full sun situation I figured it was time to update.
The Pings all got burnt pretty badly and found their way back inside under the safety of their grow lights. The dews are coloring up quite a bit and I don't see any damage to the leaves like the pings. Sarrs are all snapping out of their funk and thinking about sending new leaves...finally. This Drosera spiralis is really making good of being outdoors.

'Albino' x aliciae. A bad pic, but I try to have at liest one in every post.

A flytrap eating my thumb. A chomp chewy!

Now eating a dime for scale.

awesome!!!! that vft is sick.... the trap is huge

Thanks for looking lime! It's still young, so more to come hopefully!

Utricularia longifolia

I'm gonna have to come up with a bigger pot!

Last edited:
Pinguicula agnata

Drosera graomogolensis

Drosera 'Tamlin'

This Drosera 'Nightmare' has a housefly in nearly all of its paws

U. gibba and aldrovanda living in the tray under the brown pot now.

and Charles or Chuck the Betta kicking in the U.gibba. Too lazy to swim up to gulp air it rides the bladderwort around all day.

Drosera 'Albino' x aliciae makes a dramatic return in my collection!

Thanks for looking!

Plants are looking good, Shortbus! I'm digging the aquatic utrics

Back